Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the bull ?

Options
  • 21-07-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Hi there - on a few occasion s I ve noticed cars with a sticker of a bull on the back bumper ? What is this ? I saw it on 2 cars today - it looks like a bull fighing bull standing still - why do so many people have it on cars and what does it mean ???? Hoping someone out there can tell me :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Er I always thought that they are stickers that you can buy in Spain when you are holiday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is this it?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_bull

See a lot with a fish sticker, dont know what that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

heymcflyx wrote: »

Yep seen it on manys the Punto

Would prefer a FSM symbol on my own car, personally

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

This one? It's a Christian symbol and often used by Born again Christians (though I can't remember what they prefer to be called nowadays!)

Or maybe it's the breast cancer sticker sideways :pac:

I don't remember seeing bulls on any cars recently...except Lambo's of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Caco wrote: »
    This one? It's a Christian symbol and often used by Born again Christians (though I can't remember what they prefer to be called nowadays!)

Or maybe it's the breast cancer sticker sideways :pac:

I don't remember seeing bulls on any cars recently...except Lambo's of course!

Yeah thats the one. For some reason I thought it was something to do with a fridge?????:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Seriously it just means they've been to Barcelona and bought the sticker in a tourist shop, they sell them everywhere in that city, and probably in other cities too. They look pretty cool I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Bullish thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Seriously it just means they've been to Barcelona and bought the sticker in a tourist shop, they sell them everywhere in that city, and probably in other cities too. They look pretty cool I think.

if thats the case then its not from lamborgini as someone suggested:think its the symbol a port producer(or other alcoholic beverage) uses.The company had massive bull billboards made after the war and put up all around spain.I think picasso designed them but i'm not sure and can't check atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Caco wrote: »
    (though I can't remember what they prefer to be called nowadays!)

I think the correct term is bible bashers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

It's an Andalucian thing isn't it?

Theres a big one (like 10ft tall or something) on top of a hill silloueted(sp) against the skyline above the train line from Algeciras to Ronda

ETA: Or what HeyMcFlyx said if I'd bothered to check the link before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The bulls stickers you can get in spain, they are the "toro" bulls or whatever you call them, I have one!!

Is this it?? Spanish Bull

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

When driving from Portugal to Spain one summer, the first thing I saw when crossing the border was a very large black bull up on a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Yeah thats the one. For some reason I thought it was something to do with a fridge?????:eek:

You probably assoicate it with a fridge because you have seen it in fish shops on their fridges. Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) have it in their logo. I know that's where i remember it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A year of success for the Spanish. Now they're taking over car styling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

yip thats the one - so it s a Spanish symbol. I never noticed it in Spain or Barcelona when I was there !

Advertisement