Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you die, in heaven who would you go to?

• 04-06-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Sometimes that I thought of a few times (and yes I need a life -no pun intended).
    If you were with the love of your life for say 25years and he or she died, then few years later you move on and meet someone else and marry or at least intend to spend your remaining days (however long or little that may be), after you all die, and presuming there is a heaven, would you return to your original partner?

Strange thing to wonder about I know but curious, Im not sure what I'd do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I will be burnt to a crisp.

No point taking up decent real estate with a coffin or trying to get into a imaginary place that does not exist with a load of imaginary people. Your brain is dead, religion (which exists only within ones own mind/brain) is therefore non-existent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

If I died and went to heaven the first person I would look up would be a pyschiatrist to help rid me of my delusions. There is no heaven, only propaganda spread by religionists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I will be burnt to a crisp.

No point taking up decent real eastate with a coffin or trying to get into a imaginary palce that does not exist with a load of imaginary people. Your brain is dead, religion is therefore non-existant.
    Way to kill a thread Summer Glau (Rubbish name by the way, sounds like a crappy Spanish Island resort cocktail). The girl is obviously looking for answers from the believers. Your harsh words have no place in here. Be off with you child of the devil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you remarry, you won't go to heaven.
    If you have sex with someone after your partner dies, you won't go to heaven.

So your situation is moot.

LOL - just realised what the Op was asking.

*gets sick *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Threesome FTW.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 urban-angel1

Yea ok ok for all the believers out there then.. Im not even sure what I believe, was a hypathetical question really. But yea as unpoetic as it sounds, 3 way is the best answer hehe

funk-you wrote: »
    Threesome FTW.

-Funk

If that was directed at my previous comment, you're a sick man! :p

seamus wrote: »
    If you remarry, you won't go to heaven.
    If you have sex with someone after your partner dies, you won't go to heaven.

So your situation is moot.
    Surely your wrong Mr seamus? The Catholic Church allow you to remarry these days. They can annul the previous marriage thus leaving you free to marry your newly beloved and engage in hot saucy legal sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Pighead wrote: »
    Surely your wrong Mr seamus? The Catholic Church allow you to remarry these days. They can annul the previous marriage thus leaving you free to marry your newly beloved and engage in hot saucy legal sex.

Not just legal but sanctified no less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not according to the diehards on the christianity forum. Remarriage is an abomination, as is adultery - whether or not your partner is dead. Erm...that is, having sex with someone who's not your partner, as opposed to necrophilia. I'm sure that's an abomination too.

seamus wrote: »
    Not according to the diehards on the christianity forum. Remarriage is an abomination, as is adultery - whether or not your partner is dead. Erm...that is, having sex with someone who's not your partner, as opposed to necrophilia. I'm sure that's an abomination too.
    Yeah but lets face it, those diehards a bit loopy. The Catholic Church gets an awful lot of abuse(a lot of it deserved) but in fairness to them they are slowly becoming more progressive and changing their rules and regulations to fit in better with todays crazy world. Not sure how correct this link is or if it covers over here but Pigheads gonna throw it outr anyway. Fcuk the diehards.
    http://www.idotaketwo.com/christian_remarriage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

They can annul the previous marriage thus leaving you free to marry your newly beloved and engage in hot saucy legal sex.

Annul sex?

Annul sex?
    Its a good un! Bravo DM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Sometimes that I thought of a few times (and yes I need a life -no pun intended).
    If you were with the love of your life for say 25years and he or she died, then few years later you move on and meet someone else and marry or at least intend to spend your remaining days (however long or little that may be), after you all die, and presuming there is a heaven, would you return to your original partner?

Strange thing to wonder about I know but curious, Im not sure what I'd do.

Pointless to worry about something that is never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I won't be going to heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Pointless to worry about something that is never going to happen.

I'm not sure the OP is worrying, just wondering. I've actually thought about that myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

If the women are not up for sharing, and since you could be in heaven for ever and ever and ever, you could have one for eons, and then tell God you've changed your mind and spend eons etc with the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Or, if later in life you meet someone (let's say your first wife died), and it was later in life, chances are you've met a widow (depends how late), in which case you could go back to your original spouses and you wouldn't have to feel guilty! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Eh no because you would be dead and gone. No such thing as heaven and no such thing as santa.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would imagine that you would be close to both of your partners in heaven. I love my husband but if I died I would hope that he would remarry, I would hope that we would both get to see him in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I would imagine that you would be close to both of your partners in heaven. I love my husband but if I died I would hope that he would remarry, I would hope that we would both get to see him in heaven.
    And both "share" him?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

Who is to say that I get there and my missus, who has died before me, has gone off with some well endowed angel. And that when the wife I leave behind dies that she meets up her ex who died before she met me. I think I'd head for the pub for all eternity, now that would be heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

If I died and went to heaven the first person I would look up would be a pyschiatrist to help rid me of my delusions. There is no heaven, only propaganda spread by religionists.

Lol agreed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

maybe after 25 years of stuck with just you she'd welcome a threesome ?

maybe it's like alternative universes, you get one where you can be with everyone and they get their own one too where each is the most important person in heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

And both "share" him?
    Sounds like heaven to me. ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Well, what you want to do in this case is take the sky bus to some other religions heaven, preferably one that has polygamous beliefs. Try pulling up at the door of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and see if they will let you in... and don't forget to pack the bus, it is heaven after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I'd go find my big brother who died shortly after birth and have a beer with him! Then I'd find my friend Fiona who died 2 years ago and spend some much needed time with her to catch up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

OP, whats to say that the first wife (who died) hasn't already re-married in Heaven to a pro wrestler or a singer or something, and doesn't want to know from ya.... could happen.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

1. Which one is hotter?
    2. If you died at like 70, and your first wife had died at 25, could you bang a 25 year old in heaven? I like to think yes.
    3. In heaven all women are bi-curious and like pillow fights, so there shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sherifu wrote: »
    Sounds like heaven to me. ^_^
    Hmm, the more I think about it the less I want to share him with anyone, the thing is that I would be afraid that he would pine away and die if I went first, thus the problem.

Advertisement