Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syrnix/syringomyelia

• 21-01-2015 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I want to connect with anybody who has this condition

I cant seem to find a whole lot of info re Irish Support groups or even Doctors who know about it ..

i have a syrinx on the t5/t6 to toraic 11

Any info would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rod64

Hi.

I also have a Syrinx @ C6/7 to T2 along with other problems at that spinal level.
    Syringomyelia is rare and not well understood by medics. They do not see SM very often in their practice....

A syrinx is a cavity or cyst in the center of the spinal cord. It is believed by medics that a syrinx develops when there is an obstruction in the flow of the CSF. The CSF is the fluid that flows around the brain & spinal cord, when the fluid gets obstructed the fluid will follow the path of least resistance, you may think this would be out of the cord but the Dura, (Dura is the outer layer of the spinal cord) is tough like leather.
    As the syrinx develops it damages the spinal cord from the inside oute. The center of the cord carry's the sensory nerve pathways so the first signs of a problem is sensory....loss of feeling on the skin....strange sensations.
    Symptoms usually begin at or below the level of the syrinx.

Syringomyelia is often linked with a brain malformation called Chiari Malformation, ask your Doctor about this. (Chiari is pronounced Kee Arey)

There is a support group here in Ireland but the website is out of date.
    There is a website in the UK that gives good info, Ann Conroy Trust.org

I hope this helps.

Advertisement