Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas radio ads....

• 14-09-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

RANT* warning!
    At work at the mo and can only pick up 1 fecking radio station but hey....
    Anyways ad break comes on and in it there's an ad for Christmas Parties in a hotel in cork.....
    WTF!:eek:

For fcuk sake its not even the end of september and they're already spouting about it.... No wonder I'm sick to the back teeth of it by the time IT actually comes about.!

BAH HUMBUG!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

ewj1978 wrote: »
    RANT* warning!
    At work at the mo and can only pick up 1 fecking radio station but hey....
    Anyways ad break comes on and in it there's an ad for Christmas Parties in a hotel in cork.....
    WTF!:eek:

For fcuk sake its not even the end of september and they're already spouting about it.... No wonder I'm sick to the back teeth of it by the time IT actually comes about.!

BAH HUMBUG!
    Only three months to go. Still feels like summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Amazon.co.uk have the Christmas Wish Lists feature up on the site. You'll be wishin for a good while before you get anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

What I hate is the Christmas After Hours Threads in the middle of September that complain about the Christmas radio ads on in the middle of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Only 103 days i think:D Was in Aldi awhile ago and there selling Christmas cake and mince pies out of date by Oct 08:confused: That’s a good two months before Christams:rolleyes: Also seen Christmas trees up in Debenhams tralee.

Best get this out of the way Happy Christmas all:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Brown Thomas have decorations up on top flooor, trees lit up an all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah well, in fairness if you have a very large company and need to organise a Christmas party for a large number of people, you probably have to organise it quite early.
    Less than 15 weeks left - when you say it like that, it really doesn't seem that far away.

Vain wrote: »
    Only 103 days i think:D Was in Aldi awhile ago and there selling Christmas cake and mince pies out of date by Oct 08:confused: That’s a good two months before Christams:rolleyes:

Last years leftover stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Won't be long now till the Easter eggs are in the shops!
    Wishing our lives away

Ah well, in fairness if you have a very large company and need to organise a Christmas party for a large number of people, you probably have to organise it quite early.
    Less than 15 weeks left - when you say it like that, it really doesn't seem that far away.

Last years leftover stock?

Doubt it im sure there a huge demand for Christmas cake all year round;)

Won't be long now till the Easter eggs are in the shops!
    Wishing our lives away

I’m surprise I haven’t seen any Halloween stuff out yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Sure all the Christmas toy ads have started on television... this doll that cries, that doll that wets herself, the other doll that sh1ts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jackbutler

ewj1978 wrote: »
    BAH HUMBUG!

We don't get enough scrooge nowadays.

Or christmas ghosts for that matter

i'll get on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

jackbutler wrote: »
    We don't get enough scrooge nowadays.

Or christmas ghosts for that matter

i'll get on it.

Good man.. I'll let you organise the army of Scrooges and then I'll stab you in the back and rule the world.....MUAAHHAHAHAHAHAAH!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

september - december , whats the difference?

scrooooooogggeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Sure all the Christmas toy ads have started on television... this doll that cries, that doll that wets herself, the other doll that sh1ts :rolleyes:

have you seen the ad for the AH christmas dolls yet??

2 girls one cup dolls!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can understand ads for party bookings, they're the kind of things that need to be organised well in advance. The ones plugging kids' toys, on the other hand, are the work of Satan and should be banned until at least November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

An Fhile wrote: »
    I can understand ads for party bookings, they're the kind of things that need to be organised well in advance. The ones plugging kids' toys, on the other hand, are the work of Santa and should be banned until at least November.

fixed that for you!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anything and everything related to Christmas can die in a fiery pit of fire until Dec 1. I don't want to know about it before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

emo!! wrote: »
    fixed that for you!:p

Lump of coal for you this year, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Was in tesco last week and they had the Halloween decorations up beside the Christmas ones lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

An Fhile wrote: »
    I can understand ads for party bookings, they're the kind of things that need to be organised well in advance. The ones plugging kids' toys, on the other hand, are the work of Satan and should be banned until at least November.

But they're illegal in the runup to Xmas so firms have to show them early.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

But they're illegal in the runup to Xmas so firms have to show them early.

I was not aware of that. Can you post a link with more info on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

See here :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Local Dunnes stores had out the Cadbury's selection boxes already

Advertisement