Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash navigation how too??

Options
  • 20-09-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I came across a nice navigation system which I liked http://tinyurl.com/34suk9 and was just wondering how one would go about replicating it . I am noob at this but presume its Macromedia Flash.Can you get a templeate with this or do you generally have to built them yourself etc .

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yeah, that seems to have been done in Flash, though I don't see anything that couldn't be recreated using a bit of Javascript and CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

cheers aidan is that hard to do, any idea of how long it would take or the cost to get someone in to do it.

or is it managable for a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

You're just talking about the menu ...

It can pretty much be recreated using CSS ...

edit: I should add ... it won't be that easy .. and would be a ***** to code based on different browsers

edit edit: you're basically looking at this ... only a lot more id's ... widths and positioning used ... http://tutorials.alsacreations.com/modelesmenus/hd2.htm

cheers your a star , its not as fancy but better to learn the basics first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I'd be inclined to build the same thing in XHTML/CSS. Google will have difficulty crawling that site because of the Flash being used for navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to make it fancier ... you'll need to know a bit about css ... these are just bits you can add to it once you understand more about how it all works...

a bit of a background color firstly...
    background-color: #FF0000;

will make it red ... EEK .. and hidious ...

to get a border effect on the right hand side ... for the li elements ...
    border-right: 2px dashed #0000FF;

will have you having a border on the right dashed ...

now how you go about making it all purty is up to you ..

Edit: and as Laslo said ... flash is not exactly navigable ... so for navigation its to be avoided ...

Advertisement