Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lung cancer survivor in 5th year

• 25-11-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

My Mum is now in her 5th year with nsc lung cancer and has lived a full life with it over last few years enjoying several rounds of golf and holidays etc.
    When first diagnosed she underwent couple of rounds of chemo, this was severe enough with usual side effects so she decided to go on strict green diet which in itself is hard enough to do. However she persevered with this method and kept cancer from growing for few years.

Last year there was an increase in cancer growth and she reluctantly started taking Taraceva which certainly did help, now however the hospital said that the drug has done all it can and she has just ceased taking it.

Now we start a new journey ! either we let this disease take her in due course or we battle on . Some of you will not agree with next step which is the use of cannabis oil which she will take this week, I will keep you all posted with how she gets on with this treatment either way.
    We understand the legal status on this so no negative comments please !

Like most of you I will do everything I can to preserve life of a much loved person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barry 1960

Hi Tina,

Cannot send msg for some reason so hope you get this.

Sorry about your mum in law.

My mum has a scan on 14th feb so I will know more then at the moment she is in great form and having no side effects to the oil. On oil about 2 months now.

Do you think it helped your mum in law in any way ?

regards
    Barry

Hi all

Just a quick update on my previous post re nsc lung cancer. My mum has been on oil now over 2 months.She had xray last week on that it showed no increase in cancer,however going for more detailed scan 14th feb. So will know more then.

Thankfully she has little side effects to the oil except little bit tired at times but that is a minimal effect in comparison to chemo .

I will post when any news

Barry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Hi Barry,

Hope you don't mind me asking some questions but I'm interested in hearing about canabidiol being used medicinally.

Is it still illegal in Ireland or is it finally legalised and able to be used by people who want to? I read a while back that it was legalised but still couldn't be purchased over the counter.

Is the CBD oil your mother's using produced by an Irish pharmaceutical company and does it have 0% THC content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Barry, I've merged your threads, please use this thread to update rather than keep opening new ones.

Thanks Sam !

Cheers for good wishes Jake !

Doyoueverlift. yes it is still illegal, friend makes it for me and it does contain thc .

Not perfect I know but no choice really other than CHEMO and that is a definite NO

Five years now with cancer and where is mum this morning .....out playing a round of golf

unreal but HAPPY DAYS for her.

Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

This is great to read a person can live a very long time with cancer my wife has it 7 years now and I was thinking about oil myself for her I will be watching this closely VERY closely.

Hi Sam

I am unable to respond to messages here !
    can u advise please .

Good morning all,

I have been asked many questions about the oil, I am unable to post pm's so I will try my best to reply here.

side effects ; they are minimal , initially for first couple of weeks it does make one feel little groggy and tired. However if taken properly the body seems to acclimatise to the oil and these effects are not so noticeable. Driving would not be advised .

Does it work ; As of yet I cannot say that it treats cancer, but so many people have shared their own personal experience with this treatment to me and I have no reason not to believe it works.
    Personally I believe like other drugs it works for some of us. As I mentioned in previous post a green diet is a major factor in combating this disease.

cost ; Well it costs my mum 500e per month minimum for supply and as body becomes more tolerant to oil this will increase.

How long do you use oil for ? If oil is working to treat cancer personally I would take it forever if I could afford it.

Legality of oil ; Make no mistake it is very ILLEGAL !

In my mind it is a law against humanity,

I will answer all questions to the best of my ability but please bear in mind I am no expert on this matter . I am just doing my best to help.

If anyone from legal profession wants to give me a roasting over what I am doing that is fine there is not much I can do about it.
    But if anyone even those that may prosecute me I hope you never have anyone close to you that becomes ill with this disease !

Maybe then you will understand.

Meanwhile feel free to ask questions ,

regards
    Barry

Hi all

Sorry for delay in update.

Mum had her scan and unfortunately the cancer is still progressing albeit slowly. Has been offered chemo but has rejected this option.

I am not happy with quality of oil we have been using to date but I hope to try different strain of oil soon, the problem is we cannot lab test this oil in Ireland so at mercy at others in this regard.

as for whether oil is successful treatment I cannot say it is working just yet however we will persevere.

Wish I had better news to report but Mam is in great form at moment and determined to kick this into touch.

Stay on the ORGANICS people this has helped big time to fight this disease also

I will post soon as I have any more info

Best of luck to you all

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mag12kit

barry 1960 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My Mum is now in her 5th year with nsc lung cancer and has lived a full life with it over last few years enjoying several rounds of golf and holidays etc.
    When first diagnosed she underwent couple of rounds of chemo, this was severe enough with usual side effects so she decided to go on strict green diet which in itself is hard enough to do. However she persevered with this method and kept cancer from growing for few years.

Last year there was an increase in cancer growth and she reluctantly started taking Taraceva which certainly did help, now however the hospital said that the drug has done all it can and she has just ceased taking it.

Now we start a new journey ! either we let this disease take her in due course or we battle on . Some of you will not agree with next step which is the use of cannabis oil which she will take this week, I will keep you all posted with how she gets on with this treatment either way.
    We understand the legal status on this so no negative comments please !

Like most of you I will do everything I can to preserve life of a much loved person.

hi i need any information where i can get cbd or rso with thc because my friends is very sick can you please contact with me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mag12kit

hi my friends is very sick i need cbd or rso oil can you help me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 malwina23

Hello everyone Please can anyone help me to get any information about where you can get RSO oil or information related to this oil.I live in Ireland but my really good friend who is suffering from cancer stages 4 is from Poland, last 7 years polish doctors heals him only chemotherapy, which does not help any more Hi is gets worse and weaker day by day you can see that the disease is progressing really fast,practically every part of the body hurts him a lot,medications that prescribe polish doctors work for his pain but for a short times.Him current state of health is very bad. In Poland everything what's helping people fight with the cancer is banned and not legally or it is so expensive that if you are not rich you can not afford the treatment. For example...intravenous vitamin C infusion therapy that helps sick people to fight disease is banned,Doctors in Poland besides chemotherapy will do nothing more for him, they not tried other treatments and will not try I'm really I am very worried about him because his mother died at the age of 33 on the same illness he is sick, this year he will be 33 years old. I see that this year the disease has started to move much faster than before cancer spread everywhere on his body to fast, so I do not have much time to find a way that will help him.In Poland there is no chance of getting different way to help him besides chemotherapy.He can not count on any help from Medical centers-doctors or families because there is no one next to him. My friend today is coming to Ireland hi will stay with me for 3 weeks.I beg for help from anyone who would show me the way to get those oils or some information about them anything that would help him fight against one of the worst disease cancer. Thank you

Advertisement