Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike comparison of stolen bike

Options
  • 27-07-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭

My dad's bike was stolen 3 weeks back and I found an ad selling the same sort of bike for a fairly reduced price this morning. Obviously there are thousands of bikes in the city, so there is only a remote chance that its the same bike.

If I sent a PM of 2 pictures would anyone be able to tell me if there is a possibility that it is the same bike?

The saddle should be the key point as my dad replaced the normal saddle for a more comfortable Lidl one.

I'm obviously hoping that its the same bike, but if someone here who is objective takes a look at it they might spot something obvious that either rules out or rules in that this might be the bike.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As linked in the OP of the Stolen bikes thread, speculation over the possible ID of bike thieves is not permitted
    The OP in this case did not contravene any Borads rules, but a lot of the follow-up posts did and I've deleted everything except the OP

Posters are certainly entitled to discuss such matters via PM. However please do not post anything that may potentially result in the wrong person being accused, or which may prejudice any legal proceedings in the public forum. Please take any suspicions you may have to the Gardai

Thanks

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement