Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaded Rust

Options
  • 13-08-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Our Van, 2002 Peugeot Boxer, failed the test this week, a few small bit's I can sort myself but it turns out I've got rust in the nearside front wheel arch and a brace just beside is also rusted.

The guy in the test centre seems to think there will be major cost involved in sorting this :(

Has anyone got Rusted arches repaired in the past, was it pricey and who would you recommend? I'm based in North County Dublin.

We're finished with the van for this year due to the arrival of a new baba so hoping to have the it back in business and tested for March 2016.

Comments

Yeah it's a curse.
    Take it somewhere agricultural the city shops will rob you.
    I spent a van or two rebuilding mine.
    The panelling you can do with tin sheet, rivets and potions...wheel arches don't have to be pretty.
    Any bracing or suspension members have to be sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

did it FAIL - DANGEROUS or just FAIL

Advertisement