Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody in Ireland shared the Euromillions Jackpot

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I didn't know the Jackpot was that big for last night's draw until I looked it up on the Irish Times website this morning.

A huge Congratulations to whoever has won it. I hope it is someone who outright deserves the winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I always liked the person that won.
    As a matter of fact, I was about to send them a personalised coca-cola to remind them how important they are to me.
    I've also set up a Charity to help starving fresh water crabs in Tonga that have to crawl over sand and stones just to get themselves some food to eat.

I am looking for donations now if anyone (else) is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Allyall wrote: »
    I always liked the person that won.
    As a matter of fact, I was about to send them a personalised coca-cola to remind them how important they are to me.
    I've also set up a Charity to help starving fresh water crabs in Tonga that have to crawl over sand and stones just to get themselves some food to eat.

I am looking for donations now if anyone (else) is interested.

I could see my way to donating a barely used Max Factor lipstick, a full bottle of AirWick Spring Fresh, 5cent and a handful of squashed Maltesers if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Gather all the money you spend on the Lotto and after about 20 years you will have enough to start investing which has better odds of making cash than the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Rumors of a 10 person syndicate winning it from Carlow.

Would't mind 9 million myself, be nice if it was a large syndicate won & share the wealth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Whilst I was getting myself ready this morning in readiness to head off and collect my winnings, I was listening to the Ray D'Arcy show. Fella from The Lotto was on saying how the winner receives a 'winners hints and tips' booklet, and has to watch a five minute Craig Doyle video :eek:

Nah, keep ya money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I am shocked (surprised?) by how normal it is to play the lottery here. Until I opened this thread, I thought it was only people with a tendency towards gambling who did. Now it looks like everyone does :eek:.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I am shocked (surprised?) by how normal it is to play the lottery here. Until I opened this thread, I thought it was only people with a tendency towards gambling who did. Now it looks like everyone does :eek:.

No it's common alright.

My parents don't it regularly but they will now and again if it's a big jackpot.
    I know some people only do it if it's a huge amount; others, like my boyfriend, do it all the time.

Y'know, it'll be our luck that someone who buys a ticket on a whim, will probably win rather than us haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

fussyonion wrote: »
    I could see my way to donating a barely used Max Factor lipstick, a full bottle of AirWick Spring Fresh, 5cent and a handful of squashed Maltesers if you're interested?

Every little helps.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, Could you post them on adverts with a reasonable asking price, and just point the paypal payment to:
    StarvingTongaCrabs@LifeSavingCharities.Org
    It would be greatfully appreciated.
    Thank You.

Allyall wrote: »
    Every little helps.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, Could you post them on adverts with a reasonable asking price, and just point the paypal payment to:
    StarvingTongaCrabs@LifeSavingCharities.Org
    It would be greatfully appreciated.
    Thank You.

:pac::pac: Will do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

i think if its a big amount - like over €10k, it tells you to contact Lottery HQ.

'Congratulations You're a winner, Contact Lotto HQ.'

If I was behind someone and seen that on screen, I would pat them on the back and congratulate them on there win !

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

RichT wrote: »
    Whilst I was getting myself ready this morning in readiness to head off and collect my winnings, I was listening to the Ray D'Arcy show. Fella from The Lotto was on saying how the winner receives a 'winners hints and tips' booklet, and has to watch a five minute Craig Doyle video :eek:

Nah, keep ya money.

Go on to lottery.ie and you can read the booklet they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Go on to lottery.ie and you can read the booklet they give you.

Its full of useful tips like "go on a holiday" and "do not under any circumstances invest the money in an Irish bank".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I hope its some right scumbag who never worked a day in his life, it will be great entertainment with all the threads that would pop up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

msg11 wrote: »
    If I was behind someone and seen that on screen, I would pat them on the back and congratulate them on there win !

I would pat them on the head with a crowbar and take the ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Has it been claimed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I hope it's Joe Duffy.

30% pay cut, the poor fella must be suffering putting food on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

TheUsual wrote: »
    I hope it's Joe Duffy.

god i don't, can't stand that tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I hope its some right scumbag who never worked a day in his life, it will be great entertainment with all the threads that would pop up here.

would be funny alright... theyd blow the lot

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

TheUsual wrote: »
    I hope it's Joe Duffy.

I wouldn't get out of bed for his salary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who cares where it was won. The winner wants privacy.

I taught winning the euromillions meant you have to go public?

Everybody look out for absentee staff in Dublin dead giveaway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I hope its a syndicate, too much money for one person really

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I hope its a syndicate, too much money for one person really

I'd find a way to spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

I really hope its not someone I know that I'm not too fond of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Did you know that people who win the lottery are more likely to commit suicide that people who have a family member die unexpectedly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Did you know that people who win the lottery are more likely to commit suicide that people who have a family member die unexpectedly?

Or did you ever thing they might have been murdered and it was made to look a suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im hearing rumours it's a bloke I used to play football with :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

RayCon wrote: »
    Im hearing rumours it's a bloke I used to play football with :eek:

We've all heard rumours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement