Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Somebody in Ireland shared the Euromillions Jackpot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

It was me !!!!!!

SO LONG SUCKERS

i live in a box

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Alas, not me. But its good to see the National Lottery has an advice booklet on what to do if you win.

I didn't see any numbers in there for coke & hookers though...

http://www.lottery.ie/Documents/pdfs/WINNERS_BOOK_Lowres3.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I hope its someone vaguely related to a Limerick crime family, just for the laugh.

Or a banker, the duetchsland uber alles guy winning it would cause a hilarious meltdown.

Or Bryan Dobson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

well i am in a syndicate, so it might be me.

Probably it is. we'll get about 4M each - chickenfeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

biko wrote: »
    Hope someone deserving won, like some poor OAPs or sick people without insurance.

Realistically, what would OAPs do with €94 million?

I'd love to see a young enough family winning it, someone who struggle to work, pay bills, taxes, creches etc. and could be guaranteed a nice future with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

P_1 wrote: »
    Just checked there, I won :)

7 euros :(

hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Firefox11 wrote: »
    lotto.ie website seems to have crashed...cant check my numbers

Yeah. Wouldnt work for me too.
    Lol, everyone from Ireland who played was checking it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Firefox11 wrote: »
    lotto.ie website seems to have crashed...cant check my numbers
    Yeah. Wouldnt work for me too.
    Lol, everyone from Ireland who played was checking it :pac:

IIRC, numbers were 4,5,13,27 and 35. Lucky numbers were 1 & 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Realistically, what would OAPs do with €94 million?

I'd love to see a young enough family winning it, someone who struggle to work, pay bills, taxes, creches etc. and could be guaranteed a nice future with it.

The oldies would be sharing it out i'm sure. A lot of older parents are currently supporting their adult kids who are in difficulty - with finance and accommodation and college fees, bills etc so I wouldn't care what age a person was who won it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Dont check your ticket! switch your phone off+dont check the internet, that way you wont find out where it was done, just dream about spending all your money all night, then check it in the morning, its the most your gona get out of it!!

Sick I checked mine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

anyone know how much money the winner can give a way to friends and family. before they start taxing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

slaneylad wrote: »
    anyone know how much money the winner can give a way to friends and family. before they start taxing you

I think for family it's around €30,000. For anyone else €3,000.

Although I'm not sure but it may be possible to claim it was a syndicate and give people certain amounts based on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

It's not a whole lot. Think about 300k for close family. Changes then for other family members. Could be totally wrong but that's what it was a few years ago when i was in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I heard it was an Anglo Irish syndicate

...they picked the numbers out of Declan Drumms arse

...I'll get me coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

You would generally pretend that you bought the ticket on behalf of your friends and family in whatever percentage you want to share it out.

My big lotto winners do not immediately come forward as they take tax planning advice first.

I'd be hugely surprised if any significant CAT was paid out of Lotto winnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I forgot to buy a ticket. I am in a syndicate though so there's still hope...

Unless we just did the normal lotto this week, which does happen sometimes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭jh79

Get them to sign the back with a % beside the signature, would be tax free that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭paulbok

Dont check your ticket! switch your phone off+dont check the internet, that way you wont find out where it was done, just dream about spending all your money all night, then check it in the morning, its the most your gona get out of it!!

Sick I checked mine now

Schrodingers ticket? until you check it, you've both won & lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

None.

Heard about putting all the names of people that you want to gift money to on the back of the winning ticket to avoid tax, but I'm not sure if that's still legal now.

You can expect millions of pissed of family members either way.
    But then again you can buy some new friends and family to replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

wasn't me anyway, best of luck to them, that's a phenomenal amount of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

cheers for the answers. load a crap anyway. If the lottery is tax free you should be able to do what you want with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Even worse (better?). So the winner thought they got €188m, but end up only getting 94. Granted, 94 is a lot, but how sicked would you be to believe that you're worth €188 million, only to find out that it's half that.
    I think I could live with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

paulbok wrote: »
    Schrodingers ticket? until you check it, you've both won & lost

:D:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Typical. Knowing my luck, I'll bloody win it on Friday instead, when its only €15,000,000. FFS!!

;)

:D

My boyfriend does the Lotto and Euromillions every week, without fail, even if we're down to our last few cent, he'll raid the savings box to buy a ticket.
    He did the Euromillions tonight but he's in bed now and hasn't checked his ticket...................................................
    ...................................and I don't know how to check Lotto tickets :o:o:o

PS: If he's gone in the morning and his passport's not in the wardrobe, then I'll know he's won and fecked off to the Maldives with some plastic boobed bimbo with a waist like a Coke bottle............HAHA who am I kidding, nobody would put up with him, €94 million or no €94 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

P_1 wrote: »
    Just checked there, I won :)

7 euros :(

Congrats! by yourself some nice pants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If an Irish resident has just won 94mill, I'd say there will be a secret cabinet meeting tonight to work out how to tax half of it!

As mad as it sounds given there are 4 million people in this country, but when there is an Irish Euromillions winner I can't help but feel. "Ah FFS, So so close" :D

Lol if you could all see me now..I posted about boyfriend being in bed and he hasn't checked his ticket yet.

I'm sitting here watching telly and guess what else I'm doing?

I'M LOOKING UP HOUSES ON DAFT.IE!
    HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I went out for a smoke and while I was out there I started thinking about how much I'd give to my family.

Bahahhahaha I've just entertained myself no end..........back down to Earth with a bump when boyfriend wakes up and checks the ticket and we haven't won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Calibos wrote: »
    As mad as it sounds given there are 4 million people in this country, but when there is an Irish Euromillions winner I can't help but feel. "Ah FFS, So so close" :D

Or whoever won could be generous and share the wealth equally among all 4 million of us.... €23.50 each!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

This should be merged with the c*nt thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Lol and there was no winner of the chicken feed euro plus. No surprises there I suppose.

Does anyone even do that, It would be embarrassing for me to go to lotto HQ to collect such a measly sum. I'm John Bowe by the way, pleased to meet you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Username99 wrote: »
    Does anyone even do that, It would be embarrassing for me to go to lotto HQ to collect such a measly sum. I'm John Bowe by the way, pleased to meet you.

Hi John,
    Drummer's hole here, Deutschland Deutscland uber alles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd be happy if I just won €10 out of it.

Aw who am I kidding, I want my goddamn millions!! I'll never have my golden toaster at this rate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

major bill wrote: »
    Aload of us in work done it, the Guy who organizes it usually SCAMS the tickets and emails everyone...he didnt do it tonight :/

Time to man the Airport and Ports

FYP........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Are they happy though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

If an oap won it I would be ****ing pissed..because they,d still get the 302 bus to town and flash they,re ****ing cards to get off €1.90..tight gits !

jay92 wrote: »
    If an oap won it I would be ****ing pissed..because they,d still get the 302 bus to town and flash they,re ****ing cards to get off €1.90..tight gits !

"So what are you going to spend the money on Betty?"

"Well, I've always wanted to have a holiday in Kinsale. We'll be able to travel in style too after the win. Denis my husband will be able to buy that 2001 Mercedes he always had is eye on down at Walshes garage....."

Its happened before! Give me strength!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

When I saw the thread title I thought someone had shared the jackpot with everyone in Ireland. Now I'm just disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I know the lad who won it
    But I'm not telling anyone unless anyone is willing to give me a few quid for telling
    Start the bidding at 94 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,434 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I hate when winner turns out to be a scumbag
    But like when its a guy who has worked hard all his life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

cheers for the answers. load a crap anyway. If the lottery is tax free you should be able to do what you want with it

the other guys you want to give money too are getting income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I have it on good authority that facekicker won it and he's going to buy boards. Expect lots of kicks to the face after he picks up the cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Not me :/ but then again, I didn't do it. I can't justify paying six euro twice a week for the thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ken wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that facekicker won it and he's going to buy boards. Expect lots of kicks to the face after he picks up the cheque.

That would be funny, the buying of Boards, not the facekicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Just think of all the Bulgarian apartments you could buy with that.

you could rent them out too, sure they'd practically pay for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Did anyone else input the winning numbers into the "check numbers" bit on lotto.ie just to hear the fireworks and see the "your winnings" section? Y'know, just to pretend for a few seconds?

Btw this could also work as a good trick if somebody asks you to check their ticket numbers for them. hehe:P

****e. Wasn't me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

me neither.bollox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Was sold in a small place called Fenagh in Carlow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement