Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody in Ireland shared the Euromillions Jackpot

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I hope they buy a lot of property next to the Dail and erect a 20 foot high sign that says YOU ARE ALL A USELESS BUNCH OF *****

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope someone deserving won, like some poor OAPs or sick people without insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Even worse (better?). So the winner thought they got €188m, but end up only getting 94. Granted, 94 is a lot, but how sicked would you be to believe that you're worth €188 million, only to find out that it's half that.

I'd still have shat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Even worse (better?). So the winner thought they got €188m, but end up only getting 94. Granted, 94 is a lot, but how sicked would you be to believe that you're worth €188 million, only to find out that it's half that.

Yeah, you're right, fceikit, tear up the ticket.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I knew i forgot to do something today. Feck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Ah com'on now dont be greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

biko wrote: »
    Hope someone deserving won, like some poor OAPs or sick people without insurance.

I fit that profile, except for the old sick no insurance bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Congratulations and Best wishes to the winners.

May they have good health to enjoy their winnings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 euroooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!11

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I won €4 and I'll have to share that with my wife, so I can sort of empathise with the jackpot winners that they won't get their hands on the full amount. :pac:

However only sharing it with one other person is a major result. There could easily have been more than two winning tickets given that loads more people would have done it because it was a big jackpot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It was me. I'm now in hiding and i will probably never emerge from it as i'm scared stiff someone will kidnapp me and demand my millions. The bastards will never find me in my nuclear bunker. I'm sealing the door tomorrow after i collect my check and i'm never coming out again...ha ha ha ha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Only 94 million?

Far from sickened I'd be with that. Sure, you could live 50 or 60 years and never spend it all!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CJC999 wrote: »
    It was me. I'm now in hiding and i will probably never emerge from it as i'm scared stiff someone will kidnapp me and demand my millions. The bastards will never find me in my nuclear bunker. I'm sealing the door tomorrow after i collect my check and i'm never coming out again...ha ha ha ha!!!

/checks IP address for poster's location

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Even thinking about that much money makes me slightly insane. Pretty sure I'd be dead within a month if I had it.

Yeep, I'd give myself 3-6 months. then I would die a lonely, sad, wreak of a man.

Be some ride up till that point though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I hope its someone vaguely related to a Limerick crime family, just for the laugh.

Or a banker, the duetchsland uber alles guy winning it would cause a hilarious meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

lotto.ie website seems to have crashed...cant check my numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

lycan238 wrote: »
    I know its easy to say now but even if i did play it would not have been me. Not even 1 number would have come out.

:D:p:pac:

That really made me laugh... your misery.:pac::D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely poor OAPs and sick people who cant afford medical insurance should not be buying lottery tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Scylla wrote: »
    Whatever happened to yer wan who won 170mil a few years back? Kidnapped? Cocaine overdose?
    Delores McNamara?

Last heard of living in a huge mansion near Lough Derg, rumour has it she got some strongly worded requests for financial assistance from a lot of dodgy Limerick criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Delores McNamara?

Last heard of living in a huge mansion near Lough Derg, rumour has it she got some strongly worded requests for financial assistance from a lot of dodgy Limerick criminals.

Googled her there, it was 2005! Jesus im old.
    Sure with that money she could have set up her own drug cartel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

It was me !!!!!!

SO LONG SUCKERS

i live in a box

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Alas, not me. But its good to see the National Lottery has an advice booklet on what to do if you win.

I didn't see any numbers in there for coke & hookers though...

http://www.lottery.ie/Documents/pdfs/WINNERS_BOOK_Lowres3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I hope its someone vaguely related to a Limerick crime family, just for the laugh.

Or a banker, the duetchsland uber alles guy winning it would cause a hilarious meltdown.

Or Bryan Dobson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

well i am in a syndicate, so it might be me.

Probably it is. we'll get about 4M each - chickenfeed.

Realistically, what would OAPs do with €94 million?

I'd love to see a young enough family winning it, someone who struggle to work, pay bills, taxes, creches etc. and could be guaranteed a nice future with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

P_1 wrote: »
    Just checked there, I won :)

7 euros :(

hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Firefox11 wrote: »

Yeah. Wouldnt work for me too.
    Lol, everyone from Ireland who played was checking it :pac:

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Yeah. Wouldnt work for me too.
    Lol, everyone from Ireland who played was checking it :pac:

IIRC, numbers were 4,5,13,27 and 35. Lucky numbers were 1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Realistically, what would OAPs do with €94 million?

I'd love to see a young enough family winning it, someone who struggle to work, pay bills, taxes, creches etc. and could be guaranteed a nice future with it.

The oldies would be sharing it out i'm sure. A lot of older parents are currently supporting their adult kids who are in difficulty - with finance and accommodation and college fees, bills etc so I wouldn't care what age a person was who won it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Dont check your ticket! switch your phone off+dont check the internet, that way you wont find out where it was done, just dream about spending all your money all night, then check it in the morning, its the most your gona get out of it!!

Sick I checked mine now

Advertisement