Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Rourke: Expects Fianna Fáil to lose power

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

mary o'rourke simply being realistic going by current opinion polls, nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

She has always been a great one for speaking her mind and this is no exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

aDeener wrote: »
    mary o'rourke simply being realistic

Nope :
    Mrs O'Rourke said the Government was taking tough decisions to steer the country through the financial crisis and this would make it easy for the Opposition.

Anyone who tries to imply that that's the reason isn't realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

She also says "but nobody was harbouring leadership ambitions to challenge Brian Cowen."

because there is nobody with the balls or abillty to inherit a burning Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Nope that just means she is "on message" with regard to the spin that FF are trying to envelope this disaster in.

They are going to be turfed out of government because they botched the economy up so badly that they have to make "hard decisions" now. Every dog in the street knows this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

mary o'rourke states the bleedin obvious shock :rolleyes:

Nope :

:confused: what are you talking about? she said on the radio that FF couldn't possibly be in power after the next election where the opinion polls currently stand. that is being realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

FF want their cake and eat it. Ruin the country twice over, stay in power in a hugely unpopular coalition overseeing massive cuts and expect to be re elected. Batty O'Rourke should not be surprised then if her words come true.

Yesterday on RTE news O'Flynn wants FF popularity restored

Fianna Fáil backbencher Noel O'Flynn earlier said members continue to be concerned over the party's unpopularity.

The Cork North Central TD said he was eager to hear the Taoiseach's strategy for reversing the party's fortunes and for lifting his own popularity at a parliamentary party meeting tomorrow night.

The rank and file FF TD s are getting nervous now with the next election looming and the popularity of the FF is not rising and their big salaries and all expenses( no receipt necessary ) will go. I would love to know how they will try to increase the popularity of FF ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fianna Fáil TD Mary O'Rourke has conceded that she does not expect the party to be in power after the next General Election

more:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0706/politics.html

She must have Powers!!!!!!!!!

Bottles of it.

:confused: what are you talking about? she said on the radio that FF couldn't possibly be in power after the next election where the opinion polls currently stand. that is being realistic.

She trotted out the lie that it's because of the "tough decisions".

It's not, it's because they ruined the economy, thereby forcing the "tough decisions".

Another party coming in would - thanks to FF's incompetence and cronyism - still have to make tough decisions......hopefully better ones than keeping Anglo on life-support, but tough nonetheless.

However the reason FF are unpopular (even though they seem to be incapable of realising it) is because they f**ked up, astronomically.

So anyone trotting out the FF spin as to the reasons why they're unpopular is, quite frankly, deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Because this is RTE, I do believe that it is very clever spin, almost reverse psychology, which is part of the reason I posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Because this is RTE, I do believe that it is very clever spin, almost reverse psychology, which is part of the reason I posted it.

Explains why it's the second story on their site right now. It's someone's opinion, not "news".

Almost every other story there should be above it in terms of importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

She has always been a great one for speaking her mind and this is no exception.
    Unfortunately there's little of value in that mind.

She trotted out the lie that it's because of the "tough decisions".

It's not, it's because they ruined the economy, thereby forcing the "tough decisions".

Another party coming in would - thanks to FF's incompetence and cronyism - still have to make tough decisions......hopefully better ones than keeping Anglo on life-support, but tough nonetheless.

However the reason FF are unpopular (even though they seem to be incapable of realising it) is because they f**ked up, astronomically.

So anyone trotting out the FF spin as to the reasons why they're unpopular is, quite frankly, deluded.

i didnt state the reason for why they were so low on the opinion polls, but yes i agree. that still doesnt take away from her saying she doesnt feel they will get elected as they are so low on the opinion polls. that is true, i cant see what you have issue with

i didnt state the reason for why they were so low on the opinion polls, but yes i agree. that still doesnt take away from her saying she doesnt feel they will get elected as they are so low on the opinion polls. that is true, i cant see what you have issue with

Yes, that part is true.

I was just commenting on the view that she is "realistic".....she's obviously selectively realistic, because she managed to work that lie about the reasons into her response.

Yes, that part is true.

I was just commenting on the view that she is "realistic".....she's obviously selectively realistic, because she managed to work that lie about the reasons into her response.

it appears we got our wires crossed. she is indeed being unrealistic as to why she believes they are so low in the polls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'd take a different view. I agree FF will suffer at the next election, and rightly so. Still, if Labour do well they could be courted.

Things look one way today, but when numbers are being added and the heat is on...

Anything is possible.

Advertisement