Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gilad Atzmon - IDF soldier

• 02-07-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

a fomer IDF soldier who has interesting opinions.
    MC: Britain and America don't fight any wars that they don't want to fight - not even justifiable wars, unless there is a percentage in it for them.

GA: Are you sure about this, or is that something we all prefer to believe? As it happens both in Britain and America the political parties are funded heavily by Jewish pro Israeli lobbies. Haim Saban, the multi-billionaire Israeli fund raiser for the American Democratic Party said last year that the best way to influence America is through political funding, the media and think tanks. There you go. Even the vision of ‘American interests’ can be no more than false interests when they have been manipulated into an alignment with what are really Israeli interests. At the end of the day, it is far cheaper to buy a western politician than buying a tank. It is far cheaper to recruit a ‘new friend of Israel’ than flying an F15 for one hour.

http://www.mediabite.org/article_Israel-and-it-s-influence-on-world-politics_830557347.html

youtube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLEPjaF3S0&feature=related

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I really don't find that too interesting at all.

If I was a cynic, I would just say it's just another attempt by the left wing to promulgate anti Israeli /anti US propaganda and rhetoric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Bebs

It's not like the Israeli government needs someone else's help to make themselves look bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I really don't find that too interesting at all.

If I was a cynic, I would just say it's just another attempt by the left wing to promulgate anti Israeli /anti US propaganda and rhetoric.

Promulgate, you just love that word don't you!

Anyway, I have no idea how you find it strange that wars are fought for profit or gain. Since the dawn of warfare, that is what every single war has been about, that's not left wing agenda or anti-Americanism, just fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Bebs

There's an awful lot of Israel bashing going on though. You'd swear that the Palestinians never saw a bomb in their lives except for when the Israelis were dropping them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Bebs wrote: »
    There's an awful lot of Israel bashing going on though. You'd swear that the Palestinians never saw a bomb in their lives except for when the Israelis were dropping them.

I don't see much Israel bashing in this thread. He appears to be saying that the pro Israel lobby spend a lot of money trying to influence American policy.

I don't see the story tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We know that the Israeli-lobby has significant leverage over American politics. It's not news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This;
    It's not like the Israeli government needs someone else's help to make themselves look bad.

And this;

Advertisement