Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Warrenpoint

Options
  • 07-10-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello...just wondering if anyone can help me out with a recommendation of somewhere nice to go for dinner in Warrenpoint? It's a present for an anniversary, so somewhere reasonably fancy, but also fairly conservative...like a really good steak or something I guess? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

liselle81 wrote: »
    Hello...just wondering if anyone can help me out with a recommendation of somewhere nice to go for dinner in Warrenpoint? It's a present for an anniversary, so somewhere reasonably fancy, but also fairly conservative...like a really good steak or something I guess? Any ideas?

Veechia roma (lough and quay) is supposed to be very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

The Whistledown in nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

+1 for the Whistledown. Request a window seat when booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Vechia roma is a pasta/ pizza place ,very nice too . Whistledown and the recently refurbished Balmoral hotel are also good. There's another place called bennets on the main street but it's gone downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Wouldnt recommend Bennets to an enemy at the minute, awful. Vecchia Roma was good last time I tried. Restaurant 23 at the Balmoral is the fanciest place in the town, isnt it where a celeb (ish) chef does his stuff? edit - Raymond McArdle, of Great British Menu etc.

Second edit - McArdle has now gone to Maison at Rostrevor (just up the road) or so it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Wouldnt recommend Bennets to an enemy at the minute, awful. Vecchia Roma was good last time I tried. Restaurant 23 at the Balmoral is the fanciest place in the town, isnt it where a celeb (ish) chef does his stuff? edit - Raymond McArdle, of Great British Menu etc.

Second edit - McArdle has now gone to Maison at Rostrevor (just up the road) or so it seems.

Have to agree with you about Bennets. It's actually for sale now. The 23 is about the best in Warrenpoint. Maisons in Rostrevor can be hit and miss tbh, particularly the better value set menu. A la carte menu is very pricey.

Where did you pick in the end liselle81?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the restaurant in The Whistledown,not too impressed with the food in the Balmoral and Vecchia Roma is meant to be really nice. I have not eaten there but my mother has and gives it a good review.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I love the restaurant in The Whistledown,not too impressed with the food in the Balmoral and Vecchia Roma is meant to be really nice. I have not eaten there but my mother has and gives it a good review.

Last time in the Whistledown it wasn't great tbh. Have to say the same about Vecchia Roma. They charged over £15 for pork ribs which was a skinny strip of small ribs sitting on some salad leaves on one of those awful wooden boards and that was it for £15! :eek:

The 23 is definitely the best in town at the moment.

BTW, Bennetts is now sold, rumour has it it won't be a restaurant again. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We went to Fusion on Saturday night.
    The food and service were really good.
    They also do cocktails:)

Advertisement