Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight servers down repeatedly

Options
  • 03-09-2015 3:35pm

Have tried contacting support via chat, its not working again, used to be great service now keep getting -
    info.gif

[font=Lucida,Verdana]There are no operators available at the moment. If you would like to leave a message, please type it in the input field below and click "Send" button
    [/font]

The shared server for my website is constantly having problems, it takes up to 20 seconds to load a page, when i contact support I keep getting the same line - experiencing load issues on that server - no way to avoid it - you should upgrade to dedicated server - but surely if I pay for a service that service should be of decent quality not dropping offline multiple times a day! It is affecting the traffic on the website and if it keeps happening will get my site dropped in the SEO rankings..

Comments

Have tried contacting support via chat, its not working again, used to be great service now keep getting -
    info.gif

[font=Lucida,Verdana]There are no operators available at the moment. If you would like to leave a message, please type it in the input field below and click "Send" button
    [/font]

The shared server for my website is constantly having problems, it takes up to 20 seconds to load a page, when i contact support I keep getting the same line - experiencing load issues on that server - no way to avoid it - you should upgrade to dedicated server - but surely if I pay for a service that service should be of decent quality not dropping offline multiple times a day! It is affecting the traffic on the website and if it keeps happening will get my site dropped in the SEO rankings..
    Hi Ed, apologies you couldn't get anyone on livechat, I'll investigate why that was the case.

Can you PM the site in question and I can investigate the issue you are seeing.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for checking this out and raising a ticket on it, however the issue still persists, I have just observed a half hour outage where the site was offline for nearly half hour the traffic went from mid teens to zero eventually returning online with 10 visitors, I have attached an image to show you the effect it's having on the website.. it returned eventually but these outages will cause my website to lose reputation and ranking..

server_down.jpg

Hi ed33 as I outlined we have a solution and we are happy to assist you in getting there, once you respond to the ticket we can get this sorted.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan, apologies hadn't seen the ticket, sounds like a good plan will work on transferring an app installation onto local folder over the weekend so that it wont cause trouble with migration, thanks..

Well the website was moved to new server with a bit of work involved on my behalf. Thought it was working fine but today the site has been dropping again several times, have been onto support this morning and still waiting on them to get back to me. Have just lost a post on events page as when I clicked on save I got the old.. Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.***.ie.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have already moved another site to DigitalOcean cloud server. Was hoping I would not have to do it with this one but seems only solution. I have still not got a good reason why this is happening so frequently now after many years of good service..

• Advertisement
Advertisement