Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Irish DPM Rip Off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

If you read the link, it is the EUTM mission. Irish Troops are involved in training the new Somali Security forces in Uganda.
    Maybe uniforms were included in the deal?
    Kampala(Alshahid)- Armed Forces of Malta(AFM) personnel landed in Uganda Saturday morning to join in the European Union’s Training Mission(EUTM) for Somalia military in Uganda.

The aim of EUTM Somalia is to train Somalia military personnel in an internationally- backed effort to strengthen the UN supported Transitional Federal Government (TFG).

Spain which heads the EU mission provided the plane that delivered the members of 1 Regiment in Malta armed forces.

The AFM training facility where the Maltese infantry instructors will be based is Bihanga camp, over 200 km west of Kampala.

The AFM instructors will join the Irish Defence Forces instructors to form a Maltese-Irish combined training team which is assigned the expert task to train Somali officers in areas such as military leadership skills, infantry tactics and instructional skills.

Some 2,000 Somali trainees undertaking a course of over 12 months period, are being trained by the EU mission apart from the existing military training programmes being run by Uganda.

EUTM Somalia is being undertaken in support of the UN Resolution 1872 and it is headquartered in Kampala capital of Uganda.

Malta has a direct interest in the achievement of peace and stability in Somalia because it plays host to a large number of Somalis seeking third country asylum and those rescued while stranded on the high seas in the central Mediterranean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Have a look at the officer on the right. Can anyone identify that camo/uniform? Its VERY similar to Irish DPM.

Is it not CCE?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Yeah I know what the link is.
    I don't think it is Irish because the Defence Forces doesn't readily own DPM material to make uniforms from or to give to other people. They have their uniforms made on contract.. and that shirt definitely isn't anything that was ever Irish issue. So I don't think what he's wearing has any Irish origins.

I thought it was CCE at first, but its definitely not CCE. The 'leaves' on CCE are far bigger than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Sure your man is in the PDF, he's based in finner, he's from Donegal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Chalky?

• Advertisement

Chalky?

Paddy "chalky" O'Donnell from glenswilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I thought it was CCE at first, but its definitely not CCE. The 'leaves' on CCE are far bigger than that.

I've owned a lot of CCE gear over the years and there's loads of different scales. I'm damn near certain it's either CCE or ERDL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

?

Donny5 wrote: »
    I've owned a lot of CCE gear over the years and there's loads of different scales. I'm damn near certain it's either CCE or ERDL.

Definitely not ERDL... but considering you said that CCE comes in different scales that could be what it is. As far as I knew there was just one scale, that being the one that the French Army wear.

neilled wrote: »
    ?

He's a sound lad, mad into the GAA.

• Advertisement

He's a sound lad, mad into the GAA.

His Aul fella owns Mulcreaby's Pub up the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

nah he kinda looks like paddy canty in the 4th battalion

Advertisement