Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vic Mills Vs University Hall?

• 28-03-2015 1:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

Considering between the two for next year. At the moment I'm in Vic Mills in a block away from the young ones. I hear Uni Hall is slightly cheeper, but it's harder to get parking there and I think parking is more expensive there too??

What about the size and quality of the rooms and living areas?? I noticed Uni Hall has have curtains in the rooms as opposed to blinds, which give a warmer touch, and that the beds are bigger there. I know that Vic Mills has balconys in its favor, but a lot of those balconys are north facing... which is bloody ridiculous.

And did anyone here have any issues with getting deposits back from either of these places? Also, any other annoying things from either place that you've to deal with?? Like issues with the keys, or wifi, desk ergonomics, etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Oh yeah. And what are the seats and desks there like?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

vic mills is comfortably the best student accommodation complex in cork . it was about a grand dearer 3 years ago but i think theyre all pretty much even nowadays.

could go into more detail but if you ask anyone who has ever been to ucc , they'll concur .

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Vic Mills is probably the best accommodation around UCC. Like what other student complex has heated towel racks and dishwashers as standard. The owner owns Havanna's as well so there is always a few guest list passes floating around. Balcony won't make much difference like your not going to have breakfast on it like you would in Spain. Your there from September to May. It won't exactly be a heat wave. The bed size is a pretty standard size. You'll share a single bed a few times during college life so you'll be grand on your own.

Both places have underground parking and from what I know those who want a space get one as most students don't drive.

The owner owns Havanna's as well so there is always a few guest list passes floating around
    I've a feeling UCC bought them out. I was told that those free passes are being delivered out less and less often. I've no idea anyway how you're supposed to know if they're there or not... unless you just keep showing up to the receptionist

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I've a feeling UCC bought them out. I was told that those free passes are being delivered out less and less often. I've no idea anyway how you're supposed to know if they're there or not... unless you just keep showing up to the receptionist

They might have I don't know but I still get them from there whenever I call down.

• Advertisement

They might have I don't know but I still get them from there whenever I call down.
    Do you just call in and get them off Ger at reception each week? Maybe if I'm earlier in the week! Think it's Tuesdays and Thursdays there are for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I stayed in Vic Mills in 1st year and Uni Halls for some of 2nd year. Both are lovely places. I rather Uni Halls slightly as Vic Mills can be kind of clinical feeling. Uni Halls is more comfortable I think. Also I had a single bed in Vic Mills and they are all doubles in Uni Halls which was a major perk. We never used the balcony in Mills so I wouldn't really consider that a perk.

Considering between the two for next year. At the moment I'm in Vic Mills in a block away from the young ones. I hear Uni Hall is slightly cheeper, but it's harder to get parking there and I think parking is more expensive there too??

What about the size and quality of the rooms and living areas?? I noticed Uni Hall has have curtains in the rooms as opposed to blinds, which give a warmer touch, and that the beds are bigger there. I know that Vic Mills has balconys in its favor, but a lot of those balconys are north facing... which is bloody ridiculous.

And did anyone here have any issues with getting deposits back from either of these places? Also, any other annoying things from either place that you've to deal with?? Like issues with the keys, or wifi, desk ergonomics, etc

Advertisement