Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please!

Options
  • 29-06-2009 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

I have a sick Maran pullet that is very lethargic, its droPpings are green and its not eating very much. Has anyone come accross this? all the rest of my chickens are fine just this on lies around all day and when i pick it up it does not try to get away and when i put it down it falls over! Every now and then it will get up an walk over to get water and sometimes hops whEn doing this, can someone help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know nothing about chickens, but it doesn't sound well at all -- surely you have a local vet that would tend to your animals from time to time? Perhaps give them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

He might of already passed on by the sounds of it he doesn't sound well.
    If he's still with you, it could be a bacterial infection if so antibiotics would be needed. Best off taking him to the vets he's prob. fairly dehydrated so would need fluids as well.

Advertisement