Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private swimming lessons in Dublin 15

Options
  • 21-08-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am looking for private swimming lessons for my sons in Dublin 15 area. My son who is 6 years of age is very scared of the water and is not really progressing in group swimming lessons so I was wanting to try some private lessons with him.

Can you recommend a good swim instructor that does private swimming lessons with kids in the Dublin 15 area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My mother doesn't swim (and is 66) so came with me to the NAC/NSQ and we had lessons for the two of us ( I can swim, but wouldn't be great)...worked out well.

As a kid, I learnt in Coolmine. I was terrified, but it turned out I was really short sighted so think of something like that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's group lessons, but I found Coolmine to be fantastic. My brother was petrified of water, but they really helped him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Coolmine here also. We have one kid who was terrified. So we started bring them up ourselves at the weekend just to play in the pool where they did their lessons. So got them really familiar with the pool so they saw it as a fun place. We'd find out what the class was doing the next week before hand, and then slowly practise it with them a few days before the class. Sometimes we'd go up two times a week to get over the next stage. Usually just one parent and the child so they weren't distracted by the other kids.

I won't say it was quick. It took about 4~6 weeks to start to have an effect. But it worked. We felt it was a big issue as it could have been something they never got past.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sorry to jump into this thread but is there any adult classes (evening only) in the area for complete beginners that anyone could recommend, am 42 & embarrassed to admit I swim like an anchor, but really want to learn for our 3yo twins so I can be in the water with them on holidays etc. Just back from a week away & felt like I was missing out.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Ali55

Thanks for all your replies. Called into coolmine they are booked out for swimming lessons and could be a year before we get in. NAC got no reply on the phone tried several times. Got a number from a friend of an instructor that does private lessons there called her several times also and left messages but no reply.

I have since got a lovely instructor in another pool in Cabra. My son had his first lesson today and the instructor is lovely she was very encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

How much are the private swimming lessons in cabra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ali55

For the Private lessons in Cabra I am paying €25 for 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Can you pm me details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

You might not be waiting the year in coolmine. I out my daughters name down but we weren't waiting that long in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement