Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC, Eircom Fibre or Sky?

• 19-06-2013 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I already have an Eircom landline and Sky TV so I can work out the pricing and the speeds are advertised. I am existing Imagine Media customer and looking to change.
    But, which is the best unlimited service?
    - availability
    - consistency
    - customer service
    - etc

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

BraveDonut wrote: »
    I already have an Eircom landline and Sky TV so I can work out the pricing and the speeds are advertised. I am existing Imagine Media customer and looking to change.
    - availability
    - consistency
    - customer service
    - etc

thanks

Besides raw download/upload speed, you need to also consider what type of user you are
    eg: a heavy gamer, use features such as vpn or ddns or port forwarding

Reason why I say this is that the Broadband forum is now showing a number of posts with people running into problems with the modem/router being supplied by the ISP's and the corresponding restrictions that come with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Type of user?

- Multiple devices (family)
    - stream/download movies
    - xbox live
    - connection to work
    - general

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Have a look through the various posts around here first to see what issues people have.
    Don't forget that UPC, Eircom and Vodafone have their own forums in the 'Talk to' section, so you can pose questions directly to them via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brendangg

I recently changed over here in Cork City from Smart 12 Mb (6.48Mb wirelessly at laptop) to UPC found service excellent they did what they said they would do on site engineers excellent. Sky could not quote as they said they could not un-bundle Smart at exchange? Signed up for 100Mb service currently logging 59.92Mbs at UPC router. Stability looks good fall off at high use periods seems to have gone but too early to be definitive. Anyone any comment on my current download speed for a 100Mb service?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Brendangg wrote: »
    I recently changed over here in Cork City from Smart 12 Mb (6.48Mb wirelessly at laptop) to UPC found service excellent they did what they said they would do on site engineers excellent. Sky could not quote as they said they could not un-bundle Smart at exchange? Signed up for 100Mb service currently logging 59.92Mbs at UPC router. Stability looks good fall off at high use periods seems to have gone but too early to be definitive. Anyone any comment on my current download speed for a 100Mb service?

If your using Wifi 59MB over a Wireless N connection is probably about right. You need wired to make use of 100MB

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

well sky and eircom charge for usage of phone calls while upc dont charge for usage of phone calls unless you make calls land calls outside ireland and mobile calls, sex numbers, 118 50, 1890 numbers, landcalls within ireland are free with upc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    well sky and eircom charge for usage of phone calls while upc dont charge for usage of phone calls unless you make calls land calls outside ireland and mobile calls, sex numbers, 118 50, 1890 numbers, landcalls within ireland are free with upc

Sign me up! :D

BraveDonut wrote: »
    - availability
    - consistency
    - customer service
    - etc

thanks

did you get a phone bill from them, because landcalls are free with upc

plus its wifi is 50Mbps and doubles to 100Mbps when you signup online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wha?

I'm watching UPC 3e it's says family guy on intro but why I'm watching American dad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

I'm watching UPC 3e it's says family guy on intro but why I'm watching American dad

That's outrageous. Have you called the police yet?

why did upc increases my bill from €56 to €64 they said they it wont change the price of my bill until september so why is upc im overcharging my bill and why did lie to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

why did upc increases my bill from €56 to €64 they said they it wont change the price of my bill until september so why is upc im overcharging my bill and why did lie to me

Probably because they dislike ppl who post random nonsense.

degsie wrote: »
    Probably because they dislike ppl who post random nonsense.

isnt nonsense they are breaking their contract end story

Advertisement