Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold Out Rent a Servers, Still Waiting..

Options
  • 10-05-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So like many others I have been trying very hard to get a BF4 server for XboxOne. Since they released the option to rent these private servers there has been a very small window of time to grab one. Only a tiny portion of people got the opportunity to buy one. The rest of us get stuck at a screen asking us what Server Location we would like to choose. Although when you look carefully none of the options on this screen are even clickable. When you try to press A or select you are greeted with a frozen game.

Why is this? Well according to EA they have a major server shortage and they have sold out. Coming from such a big company, this to me sounds like they are being cheap and not giving Xbox players the love they once had.

Is this a technical issue or am I somewhat on point here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd imagine they want to ensure that the servers have purpose and use, and they don't want to oversell.

Typical strat by most companies providing hosting, nevermind just gaming alone.

You roll out X amount of infrastructure, and if its under pressure you gradually increase. You always start smaller and open it up, rather then to large where its a loss then downscaling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Id assume that player numbers are after dropping off a bit, and they also want to keep players in relatively full servers, rather than having them scattered across many half filled ones.

Advertisement