Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Keep Luas Clean

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I love the Luas... but I'm not in love with the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I've only been on the Luas 3 or 4 times but I've always found it clean or too crowded to see the floor (yes that from only four experiences)

I take it that is not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

If that image isnt a rip off of Portal I dont know what is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

its always spotless, except for the time the driver had to clean up puke with newspaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

I have to agree - I've been on the LUAS serveral times and I don't think there was even one time it was dirty. Also, I've rarely seen anything broken on the trams - the maintenance seems to be top class! :)

The same would have to be said for the HSS terminal in Dun Laoghaire - Anytime I get to look at it, it seems to be very well kept!

Regards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The image and slogan uses in their campaign is cheezy and unoriginal and is just like the "Think Tidy" image used on council bins during the 80ies. It would not have taken them much to offer a competition for schools to come up with something decent.

rats.jpg.w180h173.jpg

. Also, I've rarely seen anything broken on the trams - the maintenance seems to be top class! :)

!

only one luas as ever broken that ive been on, i was going for a train i cursed it that day:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

I've only ever gotten Luas on the green line and they're always spotless. The only litter is the free newspapers but that is hardly soiling! In fact other people tend to lift them to read them.

But in taking the Luas every day; I have to ask whether there are adequate litter facilities on the tram and on the platforms.

If Luas have decided not to provide adequate facilities, for whatever reason, they should therefore provide cleaning crews.

PRND wrote: »
    I've only ever gotten Luas on the green line and they're always spotless. The only litter is the free newspapers but that is hardly soiling! In fact other people tend to lift them to read them.

But in taking the Luas every day; I have to ask whether there are adequate litter facilities on the tram and on the platforms.

If Luas have decided not to provide adequate facilities, for whatever reason, they should therefore provide cleaning crews.

yeh theres no litter facilities on the trams i often thought that myself, then again theres supposed to be no food or drink on them either, the platforms all have 1/2 bins on them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I was on it one morning and there was human excrement on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Methinks they need a new sign!

NoDumping.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

How disgusting can people get?

Some really don't give a damn about anything they do! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'd say they mean the free papers. I never take them as I know there'll be a bunch on the Luas. I also rarely see people take them off either, pretty much everyone just puts them on the floor. I think they're generally cleaned after the morning rush but at about 9 there are papers everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,933 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You sure it wasn't from a dog or something?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't think so, no. People stayed well away from it and the smell was horrific.

I was on the Drogheda train the other morning and some school kids dropped the Metro/Herald AM and were going to leave it there. A guy in his 50s starred at them and told them to pick them up which they did.

Advertisement