Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

w9xrv9.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

peno.gif

Indeed
    stovelid wrote: »
    Nice sig, dfx- :)

I've been looking for footage of it for aages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

iregk wrote: »
    because Sligo put out a lesser side. !

Who is saying we did? I'm just being petty and I'd laugh if we repayed Cook. That said, we'll have plenty to laugh about in the close season anyway.

I actually have a modicum of respect for Pats this season, for the way they've went about things and also RS, so while it's always enjoyable to put the boot into them when they're down, I wouldn't lose too much sleep if we helped them avoid the play-offs with a weakened team.

As for the bottle throwing: thankfully the club can afford the fines so we'll not need a Maureen O Hara charity appearance (or become homeless so that every little bit helps) to save us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Both sets of players to wear t shirts with Dutchy on the front and Rennie on th back for the minutes appluase on friday.

Dutchy Mc Donald ex pats player passed away recently.

Rennie the rovers fan who did SRFC tv.

RIP both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

In case you missed it the forum came back online yesterday but lads we need to start stumping up some cash for it so dig into those pockets.

• Advertisement

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1130-seaon-ticket-update-over-1500-sales

Anybody who wants to avail of the early-bird offer (10% discount) should get their applications in today or tomorrow,

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1138-2010-season-ticket-early-bird-offer-extended

2010 Season Ticket early bird extended

Sunday, 03 January 2010 10:50

Following the unprecedented success of the pre Christmas offer, the 'early bird' offer has been extended to the end of January.

Sales of 2010 season tickets reached 1,645 in the 6 week pre Christmas offer. The extension of the offer is valid for all applications received and paid for at the club office by Friday 29th Jan. SRFC thanks all fans who have purchased their season tickets so far and look forward to seeing you in Tallaght next March.

Shamrock Rovers F.C. 2010 season tickets prices start as as low as under €6 per person per match for a family ticket (2 adults & 2 children U14). The special 'early bird' rate offering you the 2010 season at 2009 prices is available if you apply and pay for your season ticket prior to January 29th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Got mine already;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Got mine already;)
    +1

Anyone know when the fixtures get released? Suppose they have to decide which clubs are in first/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Voltwad wrote: »
    +1

Anyone know when the fixtures get released? Suppose they have to decide which clubs are in first/

Last season it was 2 weeks before the season started. Season starts on the 5th March.

• Advertisement

A Christmas-sy Tallaght before the year ahead :)

yaq4wcp

I was wondering if anybody had got down during the snow for a shot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

+1

There are 4 seperate fixture lists written up at the moment....

dfx- wrote: »

Preferred Saturdays - when hey were played, at least.

Fiver in on Friday, quality.:D

I wonder given it's a friendly how strict the segregation will be

I wonder given it's a friendly how strict the segregation will be

Should be fine. All the Shels schooligans have become pensioners since Shels were last in the premier division?

• Advertisement

Are they? They all looked about 3 years old last time I think..it's so long ago that I've forgotten :)

Who is this shels you speak off?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Who is this shels you speak off?

Team that nearly made it to the Champions League group stages. Also the team who have won more League than St.Micheals finest.;)

Will the Shams schooligans be out on Friday lads? Meath St Stone Island gear all the way.:D

Also the team who have won more League than St.Micheals finest.;)

Is that on the pitch or after appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Longford Town 0 - Shamrock Rovers 4

Dennehy, Twigg, Edwards and Barrett the scorers

CiaranC wrote: »
    Longford Town 0 - Shamrock Rovers 4

Dennehy, Twigg, Edwards and Barrett the scorers

Chambers and Dennehy looked good.

Twigg looked very sharp and had a shot (well) saved and another hit the post.

Still can't believe we let Chambers go, if it wansn't for poxy Keely playing him out of position we would have some quality midfield last season in the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Is that on the pitch or after appeal?

On the pitch.

You're welcome to your plastic cups and rubber medals.

Still can't believe we let Chambers go, if it wansn't for poxy Keely playing him out of position we would have some quality midfield last season in the centre.

Looks quality alright. Played right-full for some of the game too.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    On the pitch.

You're welcome to your plastic cups and rubber medals.

yeah rub it, you will probably win the 1st divison and lord it over us that we never won it. Never relegated does have its drawbacks :D

yeah rub it, you will probably win the 1st divison and lord it over us that we never won it. Never relegated does have its drawbacks :D

Our club is 44 years older, so if you don't manage to get relegated in 40 years fair play.;)

Murray on his way according to a few sources. This will be a great signing.

There'll be a post somewhere in this thread after the Cork defeat last season where I momentarily thought of Sives/Murray at the back, but didn't believe it would happen...if it does.

His attitude and experience will be as good a signing as his heading the hoofball ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Brilliant stuff, squad really starting to shape up now.

We'll need another striker I reckon, Don Cowan gone on loan to Longford.

Supposedly he is up for a medical today...hope he gets his head clear for the start of the season.

Our last win against Shels...what a win it was too. Only 9 men..McDonagh and McDonnell sent off amongst many other times that season :mad:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/2005/0617/sport/cwauqlgbojsn/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tonight's line-ups

Rovers

A Mannus
    P Sullivan
    E Stevens
    C Sives
    P Flynn
    S Bradley
    Chambers
    Ollie Cahill
    P Kavanagh
    D Edwards
    G Twigg

subs
    C Walsh
    S Rice
    P Murphy (GK)
    S O'Connor
    Dan Murray
    D Cowan
    C Murphy
    C Cunning (GK)
    P Ormsby

Shels

Deano

Quigs, Ian Ryan, Garreth Whelan, Robbie Clarke

Paul Shiels, Giller, Casso, Eric Foley

Dinny Corcoran, Mark Hughes.

Subs

Willo
    Ray Scully
    Philly Gorman
    Andy Haran
    Nipper
    Sean Byrne
    Ryan McEvoy
    Alan Kearney
    Michael Clarke
    Kev Doherty

A Mannus
    P Sullivan
    E Stevens
    C Sives
    P Flynn
    S Bradley
    Chambers
    Ollie Cahill
    P Kavanagh
    D Edwards
    G Twigg

subs
    C Walsh
    S Rice
    P Murphy (GK)
    S O'Connor
    Dan Murray
    D Cowan
    C Murphy
    C Cunning (GK)
    P Ormsby

thats a fairly decent squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Rovers went one up after a quarter hour

A Mannus
    P Sullivan
    E Stevens
    C Sives
    P Flynn
    S Bradley
    Chambers
    Ollie Cahill
    P Kavanagh
    D Edwards
    G Twigg

subs
    C Walsh
    S Rice
    P Murphy (GK)
    S O'Connor
    Dan Murray
    D Cowan
    C Murphy
    C Cunning (GK)
    P Ormsby

thats a fairly decent squad.

Turner to be added to that squad too.

Just in. Poor game. EArly goal killed it. That's two goals in two games for that Edwards lad. Our squad is looking promising and showing signs of playing good ball. Chambers impressive again. Kavanagh is going to a big player this season. When Murray came on, he just took control of the back four almost immediately. Very promising.

Expected more there tonight. Wouldn't say any more than 1500 showed up? I was in the main body of supporters so hard to judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Excellent performance from you lot tonight, doesn't change the fact that a large percentage of your fanbase should be in prison. Never seen the likes of what went after tonight at a bleedin friendly, even Bohs weren't that bad.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Excellent performance from you lot tonight, doesn't change the fact that a large percentage of your fanbase should be in prison. Never seen the likes of what went after tonight at a bleedin friendly, even Bohs weren't that bad.
    I would hazard a guess as to say they've little or no affiliation to the club

I would hazard a guess as to say they've little or no affiliation to the club
    They were allowed into the game. Thats enough affiliation for me.

Excellent performance from you lot tonight, doesn't change the fact that a large percentage of your fanbase should be in prison..

Bad clothing isn't a crime yet. :)

Lets not go down this road. Every Dublin club has their own percentage of scobes and our crowds are the biggest hence the relatively larger percentage.

I've been around long enough to see bad behaviour from a fair few clubs, including every Dublin club except UCD and Fingal but why not talk football?

We're discussing a non-story in real terms; tiny numbers in the scheme of things and we're playing into the hands of the enemies of the league. Rovers have a good relationship with the police and council so it's hardly a case of rampaging destruction every two weeks.

We probably were that bad also.

Early goal killed it a bit.

Early goal killed it a bit.
    Ah Rovers could have taken it up a notch at any time and exposed us if they wanted to. We were there for the taking.

Turner to be added to that squad too.

Just in. Poor game. EArly goal killed it. That's two goals in two games for that Edwards lad. Our squad is looking promising and showing signs of playing good ball. Chambers impressive again. Kavanagh is going to a big player this season. When Murray came on, he just took control of the back four almost immediately. Very promising.

Expected more there tonight. Wouldn't say any more than 1500 showed up? I was in the main body of supporters so hard to judge.

As pre-season games go, I thought it was a good runout, though not competitively. Shels (or should that be Rovers 2006 :) ) looked good going forward, but Rovers should've got a couple more in the first half. Some great passing throughout the game and the ball other than Mannus didn't leave the ground too much...especially at the start of the second half

One thing is Stevens and Cahill are not a left side defensive solution:)

I was in the West Stand..I'd say easily 2,000..2,500 with about 300 Shels fans

As pre-season games go, I thought it was a good runout, though not competitively. Shels (or should that be Rovers 2006 :) ) looked good going forward, but Rovers should've got a couple more in the first half. Some great passing throughout the game and the ball other than Mannus didn't leave the ground too much...especially at the start of the second half

One thing is Stevens and Cahill are not a left side defensive solution:)

I was in the West Stand..I'd say easily 2,000..2,500 with about 300 Shels fans
    We certainly weren't well attended, but I'd say it was a bit more than 300, bout 450 probably.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1406

At least one of our boards care about it.

Anyway...Celtic XI...divided opinion around me about that game. Full ticket prices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Potentially a strong Celtic team expected. Would be great to see Robbie in Tallaght and I'd say he's pretty keen to at least come on for a few minutes. Really hope Pat McCourt makes it too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement