Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

murpho999 wrote: »

Wish people here would stop judging players and the manager based on 5 minutes in a match or a poor run of form.

Think today showed that Andy Carroll is good enough for the club and hopefully now will only get better.

I've never seen someone contradict themselves so quickly.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You've already won most retarded post of the day for posting the same in the match thread. The title is yours.

Of you go to celebrate it now lad, you're an inspiration.

Simply put this hasn't changed anything. The people that were backing still are and those that wanted him gone still do.

What I can't stand is people who act without a shred of reverence for one of our all time greats. You can want Kenny gone without being a **** about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wish people here would stop judging players and the manager based on 5 minutes in a match or a poor run of form.

Well not making an absolute howler in a game seems to enough to promote Jones to 1st choice keeper (the howler in mid week seems to have been forgotten) in some peoples eyes so 5 mins seems plenty.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What do you mean?
    Well not making an absolute howler in a game seems to enough to promote Jones to 1st choice keeper (the howler in mid week seems to have been forgotten) in some peoples eyes so 5 mins seems plenty.:)

Well that's my point: people judging players based on 1 good or bad perfomance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

5starpool wrote: »
    So if things go bad it's Kenny's fault, if it goes right it's nothing to do with him. Echoes of Rafa's last months when everything was black and white.

Kenny makes mistakes, but he does some things right as well. Enjoy the result and we can leave the season post mortem until after the cup final, or possibly even the Swansea away game.

There's a certain group of posters come crawling out of the cracks after a Liverpool victory to slag the team off.

Great fans eh.

• Advertisement

"Very happy to achieve the victory and playing a FINAL again. Thank you so much to everyone who supported us!! YNWA"

578905_404903592868048_167866666571743_1365077_679633344_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

good win today, still think Kenny needs to go in the summer. I would imagine Liverpool will have a number of players offloaded this summer too and hopefully will add some top players.

About 5 top quality players are needed to bring Liverpool back into the contention for the CL sports. A centre Mid, 2 wide players a goalscorer and a defender needed IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Our next match will be my problem with Kenny, id practically guarantee that Carroll wont start after 2 goals in 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »
    kENNY IN!

Nope I mean Kenny out....a win despite of the manager but alas all the fan boys will tell us how everything's just fine.

Why so miserable?

If you can't enjoy days like today and two cup finals in a season what, I have to ask, is the ****ing point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Andy Carroll has been getting better and better since ye start of the year. Admittedly it has been from a lower bass of performance levels but the improvement is there and the chances are starting to come for him as well. He played very well agaisnt Blackburn.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Why so miserable?

If you can't enjoy days like today and two cup finals in a season what, I have to ask, is the ****ing point?

I do fucking wonder sometimes at the credability of fans on here.

slingerz wrote: »
    good win today, still think Kenny needs to go in the summer. I would imagine Liverpool will have a number of players offloaded this summer too and hopefully will add some top players.

About 5 top quality players are needed to bring Liverpool back into the contention for the CL sports. A centre Mid, 2 wide players a goalscorer and a defender needed IMO

So if the FA Cup is won next month, you'd still want Kenny sacked for winning the 2 trophies that were realistically available to him?

Bizzare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Andy Carroll has been getting better and better since ye start of the year. Admittedly it has been from a lower bass of performance levels but the improvement is there and the chances are starting to come for him as well. He played very well agaisnt Blackburn.

Of course, I completely agree. It was a joy to see his beaming smile during his interview after the game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Why so miserable?

It's mad alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Spurs or Chelsea ?

Who do you want and why ?

discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chelsea, think they would be the handier of the two teams. Would be nice to see Torres' face on the bench afterwards.

Leiva wrote: »
    Spurs or Chelsea ?

discuss.

Chelsea please.

Spurs I think would be the tougher match tbh.

Spurs or Chelsea ?

discuss.

I dunno both will be very difficult. Maybe Chelsea just because it's always a better game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Spurs or Chelsea ?

discuss.

Don't care. We'll be a dog either way and will require a Man City LC 2nd leg type performance to have a chance of winning.

Both of them have better players than us.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Chelsea would be better to beat and worse to lose to.

I don't really care though, bring them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I honestly don't care who wins tomorrow. It'll be a tough final either way!!!! If at a push, i'd probably rather play Chelsea! But i won't be cheering on any particular outcome when watching the other semi final

Chelsea also

Don't care. We'll be a dog either way and will require a Man City LC 2nd leg type performance to have a chance of winning.

Both of them have better players than us.

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/pet4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Either way Chelsea or Tottenham are going to be tough games in the final.
    I would rather Chelsea but will be a very tight match.

I think Chelsea as well, but part of me would like to see Liverpool ruining Arry's last day as Spurs manager before taking England job!

Also, posters who were questioning timing of sacking Comolli on Thursday admit now that it had absolutely no effect on the players at all?

I think Kenny summed it up best.
    Kenny wrote:
    "If you can't enjoy winning you might as well put the lid on the box because it's time up for you."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

slingerz wrote: »

So if the FA Cup is won next month, you'd still want Kenny sacked for winning the 2 trophies that were realistically available to him?

Bizzare!

8th in the league is not good enough and the Carling Cup is not a priority for a top side it's us tally use to blood youth/squad players

The whole Liverpool scene seems stale to me and I think wholesale changes will help. It started this week I think with Comolli and Brunker being moved on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Brad Jones about his son "He was on my mind throughout the game. He was my biggest fan."

Delighted for the fella .

AqcoToHCIAEqJf2.jpg:large

AqclXOeCIAAfsRi.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wish I had it in me to be unquestioning, uncritical and to be easily distracted but I don't.

Oh Chelsea for the final preferably, Spurs are pretty confident and attacking against Liverpool whereas Chelsea seem less certain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I wish I had it in me to be unquestioning, uncritical and to be easily distracted but I don't.

Even if it was Just for today, you might try.

Oh Chelsea for the final preferably, Spurs are pretty confident and attacking against Liverpool whereas Chelsea seem less certain.

It might not all be peaches and gravy but we are in another final so just sit back and dip your peach in the gravy and enjoy it for today.

Nothing wrong with being questioning, critical etc. but when within a couple of minutes of beating your biggest rivals to get into the FA Cup final with a very good performance (second Wembely final of the season) all you can think to do is log on & make a post calling for the manager to be sacked you've crossed a line into something else. Some sort of weird anti-fan hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I can never have a go at Andy Carroll again after today..

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with being questioning, critical etc. but when within a couple of minutes of beating your biggest rivals to get into the FA Cup final with a very good performance (second Wembely final of the season) all you can think to do is log on & make a post calling for the manager to be sacked you've crossed a line into something else. Some sort of weird anti-fan hybrid.

Enough of your cheap attacks!

I've been here all day as it happens and was on the match thread and everything. I don't just pop up to say bad things. Unlike some ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Its poxy how the semis are played at wembley, takes the gloss off the final a bit.

It's not a cheap attack Mike. It's factual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ardent syndrome I like to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Enough of your cheap attacks!

I've been here all day as it happens and was on the match thread and everything. I don't just pop up to say bad things. Unlike some ;)

Jesus lads, we're in a second final this season, lets enjoy it now and start up the criticism again if we dont improve our league form!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Would be lovely to beat Chelsea in the final.

It's not a cheap attack Mike. It's factual.

Its your opinion, nowt to do with facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Would be lovely to beat Chelsea in the final.

I'd like if we got Chelsea as i think we've a better chance of beating them, but i'd prefer to beat Spurs, they get on my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Delighted with that, for Kenny & Andy!

Think today showed that Andy Carroll is good enough for the club and hopefully now will only get better.

Also, people should show more faith in Kenny and realise he's actually tactically astute and let him get on with the job.

How did you manage to type this without falling off the chair loling?

Enrique out of favour? Or Kenny just had to play Carragher?
    Cannot wait to have Pepe back in goal couldn't relax the whole day with Jones between the sticks.

Spearing was poor today, very poor. Poulson would be better in that position I think.

How about:
    Reina
    Kelly Skrtel Agger Johnson
    Spearing
    Gerrard Henderson Maxi
    Carroll Suarez

For the rest of the season. Really don't want to see Downing play again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'd like if we got Chelsea as i think we've a better chance of beating them, but i'd prefer to beat Spurs, they get on my tits.

Pics?

I also think we would have a better chance of beating chelsea but which one could I lose to and feel worse......very hard to choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Enrique out of favour? Or Kenny just had to play Carragher?
    Cannot wait to have Pepe back in goal couldn't relax the whole day with Jones between the sticks.

Spearing was poor today, very poor. Poulson would be better in that position I think.

How about:
    Reina
    Kelly Skrtel Agger Johnson
    Spearing
    Gerrard Henderson Maxi
    Carroll Suarez

For the rest of the season. Really don't want to see Downing play again.

I thought Spearing was class today. Some very incisive passes in the final third too.

How did you manage to type this without falling off the chair loling?

So you're still not happy with Carroll today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I thought Spearing was class today. Some very incisive passes in the final third too.

Thought he did ok too...howler of a pass to put Suarez through though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Can't believe I slept through it :mad:. Great to see we won and even better to see Carroll got another late winner for us. Should do his confidence a world of good

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement