Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasdaq broken

Options
  • 30-09-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Google mistakenly drops 15%

reuters

What a day for that f$@kup.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭SoCal90046

Jackz wrote: »
    Google mistakenly drops 15%

reuters

What a day for that f$@kup.

I don't think your headline actually reflects what happened. :eek: NASDAQ canceled some trades, something which is quite rare. The shares actually side by 10% after an error in routing of trades form another exchange. We'll likely find out tomorrow the details of what occurred. The price was reset to $400.52 and the last time I checked, the shares had reached $415. So, it's just a simple routing error, not a flaw in the NASDAQ national market system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

SoCal90046 wrote: »
    I don't think your headline actually reflects what happened. :eek: NASDAQ canceled some trades, something which is quite rare. The shares actually side by 10% after an error in routing of trades form another exchange. We'll likely find out tomorrow the details of what occurred. The price was reset to $400.52 and the last time I checked, the shares had reached $415. So, it's just a simple routing error, not a flaw in the NASDAQ national market system.

If you look at Google Finance it still shows them at $320, kinda funny. I knew that it showed an after hours value +$90 and the details I just though it was funky for such a thing to happen considering the economic climate.

Jackz wrote: »
    If you look at Google Finance it still shows them at $320, kinda funny. I knew that it showed an after hours value +$90 and the details I just though it was funky for such a thing to happen considering the economic climate.

It was interesting timing; canceling orders is a rare occurrence. Now, had it happened to a few dozen companies that would be scary! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

how did i miss buy google cheap now i have to go buy yahoo

xbox36016 wrote: »
    how did i miss buy google cheap now i have to go buy yahoo

LOL!! They would have ended up canceling the trade. It was, apparently, an error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement