Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann route 2 - Knockmore stop in Arklow

Options
  • 26-08-2013 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

no effort was made to inform passengers that the knockmore stop was finished for route 2 passengers. they did change the time table on the bus stop (bus stop is behind passengers by the ditch.) but passengers had no reason to look at it as they do not know about the changes. there should have been a slow change over. the company should have arranged with the drivers to stop there for the first week just to let them know about the changes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

That would be a Customer Service issue, BE don't do customer service.
    I don't live in Arklow but I can't see the rationale in dropping Knockmore while reinstating Jack White's. Knockmore would have seen much more traffic and the bus would be moving slowly having just negotiated a roundabout, whereas at Jack White's it would be at full speed. Ideally of course, I would like to see all the stops reinstated, particularly St. Vincent's but the logic in the thinking is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Surely it would have made more sense to leave Lidl off and keep Knockmore so as to spread out the stops. Granted Lidl has a shelter but this could be moved. Knockmore also has proper bus bays.

That said with the bridge situation in Arklow the buses are running all over the place. Most route 002s use the church after traversing the bypass, coming in the south end of the town, and down via lower main st. The 005 can be either the normal (Ferrybank) route or the diversion. The 384 and 7am 133/384 appear to use the normal Ferrybank route but I have seen the 384 do the diversion route either. Can be quite frustrating trying to work out what direction your bus is coming from...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭reggaeman

Niles wrote: »
    Surely it would have made more sense to leave Lidl off and keep Knockmore so as to spread out the stops. Granted Lidl has a shelter but this could be moved. Knockmore also has proper bus bays.

That said with the bridge situation in Arklow the buses are running all over the place. Most route 002s use the church after traversing the bypass, coming in the south end of the town, and down via lower main st. The 005 can be either the normal (Ferrybank) route or the diversion. The 384 and 7am 133/384 appear to use the normal Ferrybank route but I have seen the 384 do the diversion route either. Can be quite frustrating trying to work out what direction your bus is coming from...

one other reason for the buses coming in from the south and back out the south direction is because the bridge is so narrow a few buses have scraped there sides. so the order is' don't use the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Its a shambles with the bridge alright.

I get the 384 in the morning from Knockmore so at least that stop is not affected.

Get the route 2 in the evening though so a nice walk from Lidl home!

Reggaeman, are all the drivers stopping at the three new stops on the way out on route 2? (Merrion, leeson st, donnybrook)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭reggaeman

I get the 384 in the morning from Knockmore so at least that stop is not affected.

Get the route 2 in the evening though so a nice walk from Lidl home!

Reggaeman, are all the drivers stopping at the three new stops on the way out on route 2? (Merrion, leeson st, donnybrook)

All except the 14.00/15.00/18.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

)

Hmmm.... we must cross paths so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Niles wrote: »
    Hmmm.... we must cross paths so!

Interesting!

Advertisement