Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Forms

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I'm trying to make a google form for a questionnaire for my market research class at college (summer assignments :( ). Does anyone here know much about google forms? I have a question where if the answer is "yes", I want it to go on to a second page of questions. However if the answer is "no", I want it to say something like "thanks for your time. I don't need you to answer anymore questions". I've been trying to get it to do what I want for hours but I can't seem to figure it out.

Can anyone here please help me? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I don't know the answer to your question, but do you have to use Google Forms? Have you looked into Survey Monkey at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miss.Mayhem

You have to pay for Survey Monkey if you want more than 10 questions on the page and I'm kinda on a limited budget at the moment. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Could you link two of them ?

Put a link on the last "page" of the first one that goes to the second

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You have to pay for Survey Monkey if you want more than 10 questions on the page and I'm kinda on a limited budget at the moment. :/
    SurveyMonkey is 25 euro for 1 month. You could easily 'spend' that amount making Google Forms work for you. Take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm trying to make a google form for a questionnaire for my market research class at college (summer assignments :( ). Does anyone here know much about google forms? I have a question where if the answer is "yes", I want it to go on to a second page of questions. However if the answer is "no", I want it to say something like "thanks for your time.

If your question-type is "Choose from a list" there's a Go to Page checkbox. Which makes me think it must be possible.

Update
    Yes, it's possible. Proof is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1isr41gtcgjyk46o8i9sVgI8wr9ennU1i8AKQ2vzAGss/viewform?usp=send_form

Hint: Use the Insert Page-Break command to make a new page, and move your subsequent questions on to it. Then choose it as the destination for your "yes" option.

$25 to SurveyMonkey! Ha .. I'm way cheaper :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Google forms has some conditional formatting. And it does have a "go to page based on answer" option when creating a yes/no.

Sorry, not conditional formatting....logic branching.

Hope this video helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miss.Mayhem

Thanks for your replies. I ended up getting a friend from college to help me with this.

Advertisement