Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIÉ Group has new look website

Options
  • 29-08-2013 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭

I only seen this for only a few minutes now.

http://www.cie.ie/

How did this get online without anyone noticing a thing. The design looks a lot more simplified.

What does anyone else think about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I think they need to bring some of that minimalism to the CIE Tours website, since that's a site that is actually customer (i.e. tour operator) facing as opposed to a holding company site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Not the prettiest choice of colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I quite liked the new site although I can't really see any point to it. The section on CIE's Heritage Office was unreal - best comedy writing I've read in years.

I was surprised to see that there was no mention of the fitting out of certain US hotels with items of our transport heritage or of CIE's links with the Irish Railways & Transport Foundation, P.O. Box 1459, New Rochelle, New York 10802, United States. According to http://www.zoominfo.com/c/Irish-Railways-%26-Transport-Foundation/39209178 it was set up to 'The Irish Railways & Transport Foundation has been established to halt the rapid disappearance of industrial archaeology and sociology which the various transport modes represented on the island of Ireland for more than 200 years. It will also maintain a vibrant, living contact with interest groups and individuals throughout the world via a quarterly newsletter and this web-site on the Internet. The urgency of the mission is evident in the ongoing modernisation of transport systems which has resulted in priceless artefacts and vehicles being swept away as Ireland's transport infrastructure, with massive State and European Union investment, moves forward into the new millennium. State and Transportation Company funds are not available to rescue the many historic - and often unique - examples of Ireland's transport ; this is left to the meagre resources of a small but dedicated band of hard-pressed individuals and societies. The Irish Railways and Transport Foundation can change all of that for the better, and by joining us, YOUR HELP will make the vital difference.'

Whatever about halting the disappearance of our transport heritage, the foundation has itself disappeared. The midas touch of the Board once again. ;)

Advertisement