Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

eZe^ wrote: »
    You're just jealous that it's not you the turncoats are switching to. ;)

Heh, we're better off without support that'll turn at the drop of the hat.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

flahavaj wrote: »
    Heh, we're better off without support that'll turn at the drop of the hat.:p

Better not look around old trafford then. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Better not look around old trafford then. ;)

Very true unfortunately.

Greatness comes at a price.

Very true unfortunately.

Same at the Camp Nou really, there's a huge novelty foreign tourist element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Very true unfortunately.

Same at the Camp Nou really, there's a huge novelty foreign tourist element.

Their money is as green as yours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ALeqM5jt20TF7MaLCGBAfPx7ICAFd2saBA?docId=photo_1311916112036-1-0&size=l

Cesc looking more and more likely it seems.

Club posted a pre-tax loss of €9.3m for last season which was lower than the €21m estimated earlier in the season.

For comparison the previous season had a €83m pre-tax loss.

Operating income rose to €473.4m

Net debt fell to €363.7m from €430.6m

Barça estimated to have earned €158m from domestic la liga coverage 2009/2010 - Real Madrid earned €136m for the same period.

Tickets for all matches onsale 1st Sept though only club soci's will be allowed purchase for the Clásico.

Affelay as expected is out for about 5 weeks with torn hamstring.

2011-07-31_KOBE_09.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems the issue regarding Abidals contract is that he wants an extension until 2014 while the club are offering only until 2013.

Id say that is easily enough sorted out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

redout wrote: »
    Cesc looking more and more likely it seems.

Reports of a final bid of £35m bid + £5m in addons, I'd be surprised if he was allowed to leave for that to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Nolito has gotten 2 goals in 2 games in his first two competitive games of the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Kickoff at midnight right? Any english speaking stations picking up the match?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

What's the Barca fan opinion on Fàbregas, is he wanted/needed? Or are the fans indifferent about it?

karma_ wrote: »
    What's the Barca fan opinion on Fàbregas, is he wanted/needed? Or are the fans indifferent about it?

35a2e0i.jpg

karma_ wrote: »

Website saying 1:30am.

Hopefully Xavi should get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

35a2e0i.jpg

Thiago's a smart guy. You should listen to him Sandro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

In fairness, given the team Barca are Cesc wouldn't go amiss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Just read there that Gabby Milito is being allowed to leave the club, he was'nt great at all last season and I think it's for the best that the club and him part ways.

I still think the club could do with buying a defender as there will be alot of games to be played this year, I can see Fontas featuring regularly off the bench this year.

Jeffren, Bojan, Nolito, Milito and Romeu out

Sanchez in

Confirmed

To be fair, of those mentioned, none of them had any impact on the first team last season and were unlikely to challenge for a first team spot this time round.

I dont really think any more additions are needed. That incluces Fabregas.

Del Bosque has named 7 Barça players in the squad to face Italy next wednesday.

Valdes, Pique, Xavi, Busquets, Thiago, Iniesta and Villa.

Thiago going from strength to strength it seems.

Messi has returned to Catalunya.

josep_sunol_garriga.jpg

Declaració institucional del FC Barcelona amb motiu del 75è aniversari de la mort de Josep Suñol
    Amb motiu del 75 aniversari de l’afusellament del president Josep Suñol, el FC Barcelona vol recordar la seva figura, com a gran dirigent de l’esport català i com a president del nostre Club

Josep Suñol representa el compromís del FC Barcelona amb valors de llibertat, democràcia i també el compromís del món de l’esport amb el civisme i la cultura, especialment a través del seu setmanari “La Rambla”, des del qual va difondre el lema “Esport i Ciutadania”.

Avui, 75 anys després de la seva mort, volem honorar la seva memòria, també des de la feina diària, amb la implicació en projectes culturals i solidaris. Josep Suñol va ser el gran precursor de la idea que el món de l’esport havia d’estar compromès amb el món ciutadà, i que tant els organismes esportius, com els Clubs, els seus dirigents i els propis esportistes s’havien d’implicar en les reivindicacions cíviques, culturals i catalanistes.

El FC Barcelona vol ser fidel a la seva memòria i als valors que va impulsar. De fet, el concepte “Esport i Ciutadania”, del qual Suñol en va fer bandera, ha perdurat fins els nostres dies i inspira molts dels projectes socials i solidaris que porta a terme el FC Barcelona a través de la seva Fundació.

Des de l’àrea institucional del Club, i a través del seu vicepresident, s’han mantingut reunions amb la família del President Suñol i amb la Fundació que presideix el seu fill, Josep Suñol, i que dirigeix Margarita Ruiz Combalia, per tal d’organitzar en els propers mesos un acte institucional d’homenatge a la seva figura amb motiu del 75è aniversari de la seva tràgica mort. Tanmateix, el Club cedirà les seves instal•lacions per presentar una biografia del president Josep Suñol.

Setanta-cinc anys després de l’afusellament a mans de les tropes franquistes, Josep Suñol, el nostre president màrtir, és i serà sempre un exemple i una font d’inspiració per a tots els barcelonistes i ciutadans d’aquest país.

Descansi en pau.

President Sandro Rosell i junta directiva del FC Barcelona

FCB.cat

Visca el Barça i visca Catalunya

Braca won 2-0 last night. Villa and Keita scored.

How would people like to see Barca line up this season.

For me

Valdes
    Alves---Pique---Puyol/Abidal---Adriano

Busquets
    Iniesta
    Xavi

Pedro
    Messi
    Villa

So in essense all I am doing is making Adriano the full time left full. I am realistic enough to know that Puyol will not be able to play a full season, so will be rotated with Abidal, who will also rotate with Adriano.

Squad is still very bare. But I expect Thiago to go ahead of Keita as the "1st sub". Masch deserves to be 1st team as well but I think the above team is stronger. He will see plenty game time though.

As I have never seen Sanchez play, I cannot honestly comment on how I reckon he will fit in.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Braca won 2-0 last night. Villa and Keita scored.

How would people like to see Barca line up this season.

For me

Valdes
    Alves---Pique---Puyol/Abidal---Adriano

Busquets
    Iniesta
    Xavi

Pedro
    Messi
    Villa

So in essense all I am doing is making Adriano the full time left full. I am realistic enough to know that Puyol will not be able to play a full season, so will be rotated with Abidal, who will also rotate with Adriano.

Squad is still very bare. But I expect Thiago to go ahead of Keita as the "1st sub". Masch deserves to be 1st team as well but I think the above team is stronger. He will see plenty game time though.

As I have never seen Sanchez play, I cannot honestly comment on how I reckon he will fit in.

As it stands I reckon Thiago will see a lot of game time especially with replacing Xavi but if the prodigal son shall return then fcuk me!

Seriously - Xavi, Thiago, Iniesta and Cesc!!!!!!!!!!!

Thiago played the false 9 last night apparently - interesting.

At the back Fontas has been promoted to the senior squad so I reckon he will jump Masch as regards CB if there is injuries.

Masch will interchange with Busquets but expect Sergio to remain 1st choice for the bigger games.

As you mentioned Abidal will probably be first option at CB if there is an injury though.

As regards Adriano - he gives a good attacking option down the left but he isnt as good a defender as Abi.

For me though, with Abi you dont really have much of an attacking option so some games better suit Maxwell and Adriano.

No expert on Alexis but I would imagine he will be doing a bit of chopping and changing with Villa and Pedro.

Alexis might usurp Villa/Pedrito if either loses form like Villa did last season.

I dont see the first choice 11 having changed from last season - just more rotation involved.

RB is my biggest concern to be honest - everywhere else has proper cover.

Montoya montoya montoya. He's ready. Trust me Pep, I believe in this kid.

Romario and Messi doing the jizz....
    di-ZP5Q.gif

Montoya montoya montoya. He's ready. Trust me Pep, I believe in this kid.

I hope your Montoya is my Thiago ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

where is Hleb going ?

Romario and Messi doing the jizz....
    http://imgon.net/di-ZP5Q.gif

Shame it was offside:pac:

Malty_T wrote: »
    Shame it was offside:pac:

I watched the highlights and Romario was ridiculously good - I mean the stuff he was pulling off was taking the piss.

I watched the highlights and Romario was ridiculously good - I mean the stuff he was pulling off was taking the piss.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Any of you lads know if its possible to get a season ticket for FCB? I'm gonna be living in Barcelona for the year like so wouldn't mind taking in a few games!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

lol

Ben Smith
    Another sign football has gone mad. Real Madrid have signed a seven-year-old from Argentina. His name is Leo.

Advertisement