Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiant Historia (DS)

Options
  • 22-02-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Anyone gonna pick this up? Its been getting pretty good reviews saying that its kinda breaking the mold of JRPGs but not so much as to alienate JRPG fans.

Fantastic music for DS title

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really want it and heard nothing but good things about it but have to wait until next week when I have money. Bloody NCT is killing me.

Where are you buying it BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really want it and heard nothing but good things about it but have to wait until next week when I have money. Bloody NCT is killing me.

Where are you buying it BTW?

Aww, umm, ermm *high pitched voice* IN A SHOP!? *cough*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Aw you scumbag, it's atlus, you should at least support them.

Who is this Atlus that you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I'll buy it if it's published in Europe, I don't have the money to support devs out of kindness.

• Advertisement

You've got big publishers like nintendo and Square sitting on games that they won't bother translating and releasing outside japan. Then there's Atlus that makes a huge effort in bringing all their games over and also bringing over as many niche titles as they can get the licenses for and also doing amazing localisation jobs. I think they deserve supporting. I'm broke as well but will support them and buying from America means I get the game cheaper than if it comes to europe anyway. I think it's a pretty scummy thing to do, like pirating an album of a small indie band you really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Have to agree with Retro.

I can understand piracy if say the game was never released in your region and people had made fan translation but Atlus does actually translate these games at considerable cost.

They should be supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I never said I was going to pirate it. Just not buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kurley

Ordered this on eBay over the weekend. Hate having to import games but this is getting such high reviews I thought I'd better not miss it. Probably the last DS game I'll buy.

This game is actually fantastic, one of few games i would actually buy for the DS if i had to. Although the story mechanic of travelling back in time and to a different time line kinda doesnt make sense ill let it slide based on how good the other features in the game are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kurley

Radiant Historia arrived today. Don't want to open it as it's such a good looking box but I'll just have to bite the bullet, once I finish Golden Sun The Lost Age.

Any feedback on the game so far from those that have already started?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

I've had this game sitting in my drawer in work since release (finishing Golden Sun The Lost Age and the arrival of the 3DS took over) but I finally opened it an listened to the music on the cd - it's fantastic. Can't wait to play the game, just waiting on play-asia to send me the 3ds case I ordered so I can safely carry around the 3ds and games. Hate having loose cartridges in my pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Only about 4 hours in but really like it so far, the battle system isn't overly complicated (which is a good thing), but involved enough that mashing 'attack' won't be in your best interests. Story only really getting started but it's hooked me already.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

sounds good! must have a look.

lol, actually I had a look for this.

It's completely sold out. I emailed atlus and they (replied immediatly and) said thet another printing is on the way, and that I should try an international retailer which allows for shipping.

I finally found a package with the sound track included for a huge amount of money.

the chap at Atlus and I had a brief conversation over email, and he said people are comparing it to Chrono Trigger.

arrives next week...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm about ten hours in, the story is great. Switching between the two timelines is an interesting mechanic that I haven't seen before. Lots of side quests too, some of which you need to go forward or back in time to complete. There's some weird moments when you meet someone for the second time in the other timeline and they don't know you. There's also an npc in each city that says things like "what exists in the past?.....you don't know? never mind then....." Freaking me out!

rubs hands...

Seems to be going cheap, along with other Atlus games, on Amazon.com. Note that the version for sale does not include the soundtrack cd.

link or I don't believe you

It's true alright. Pity Amazon.com don't seem to ship to europe.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's true alright. Pity Amazon.com don't seem to ship to europe.

I've never ordered from amazon.com but this page explains their rates for shipping to europe.

Unless they've changed in the last few weeks I've never been able to successfully order something to ireland from them if it's a videogame. I think it's something to do with age ratings but everytime I order a game it won't let me giving the reason that they don't ship this item to europe.

well **** Amazon then (if it's true) and in general

bit pissed off too that the "soundtrack CD" I received is in fact not the "soundtrack CD", i.e. a compact disk housed in a jewel CD case containing at least an album full of, if not the entire soundtrack to, the game "Radiant Historia".

But rather, it is five or so arrangements for solo piano by the game's composer in a card CD sleeve bung in with the game.

this is not what a soundtrack is. I though I was buying the game's "Soundtrack"
    which is why I was willing to pay extra

Advertisement