Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map my run

Options
  • 30-06-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else having trouble with this app??
    I ran hard today for 33 minutes and was gutted the feckin app recorded nothing but the time. I'm raging. This isn't the first time it's hsppened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you tried alternatives, like Strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Have you tried alternatives, like Strava?

No not yet. Any good or how does it differ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are you using the app on your phone?

It is likely to be a problem with the GPS reception on your phone, in which case I don't think it will make much difference which app you use.

Were you running in a city centre location with a lot of tall buildings or out in the open?

Finally, most of those websites have the option to manually "draw" the route you ran so that you can still save the run and you already have the time, not ideal but worth doing in a 1 off situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Was a great app but kept crashing in me mid run and loosing data when I tried to save so I've switched to Runkeeper and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Changed my phone, re downloaded app. My old 5.5km route is now 6.8km all of a sudden. What a shjt app this has become

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

*bump*
    My Map My Run app is all over the place. Just looked at the maps of a couple of recent workouts and they are way out.
    What is the best app for recording distances accurately?

Switched to Runkeeper as map my run was a disaster, using Runkeeper for months now without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Were you able to export data from MapMyRun to run keeper?

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Were you able to export data from MapMyRun to run keeper?

I didn't try tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

I find runtastic to be very good. The accuracy is very good and it's never crashed on me

• Advertisement
Advertisement