Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIMING!!

Options
  • 06-02-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

i had my english mock paper1 today..and i was finished in an hour and a half?? i dont think that is normal :/ but i dont know where i went wrong?? my teacher had led me to beleive i would be stuck for time..but i wasnt i had time to look over things and correct my work ... so were the teachers only trying to scare us, or am i completely wrong??

any help will be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Use some common sense and try some other questions since its near impossible you'd get full marks or near it on that timing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

lainey108 wrote: »
    i had my english mock paper1 today..and i was finished in an hour and a half?? i dont think that is normal :/ but i dont know where i went wrong?? my teacher had led me to beleive i would be stuck for time..but i wasnt i had time to look over things and correct my work ... so were the teachers only trying to scare us, or am i completely wrong??

It took me the whole 2 hours 50 minutes to do that paper! How much were you writing as a matter of interest? I had DEB and I wrote

6.5 pages for the Essay
    4.5 for Comprehension A
    3.5 for Comprehension B

I know it's quality over quantity every time, but i'm shocked how anyone could do a good script in 1.5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I am always so stuck for time in English. It's so stressful. :( If you're finished that quickly you're probably not putting enough thought into the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Finished my English Paper 1 in the last few seconds! My essay was pretty epic though.. I think! :p Had Paper 2 today and flew it.. Went really well and I was done with ten minutes to go so had abit of time to correct some things! You really need every second they give you in English I find! Now, as for Engineering..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BrittneyC_xo

OMG. don't get me started on paper two.. i started with the comparative & somehow ended up writing 9.5 pages.. i don't even know how. & what makes it worse is that i would've continued writing but my actual english teacher was supervising and told me i was so behind in time, that he offered to stay behind for an extra 30 minutes for me to finish my paper, & i got it finished!

so yes, if it wasn't for my beautiful english teacher ( lmao! ), i would've been screwed. my timing sucks, clearly. =p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

i wrote 2 booklets like thats 16 pages..my timing is shocking as well..today in home ec i was done half an hour early which is better then yesterday i suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

biology: im pretty sure my entire class was finished with at least an hour to go.....is that normal?

my timing has always been bad for english, and my writing gets worse at the end of the time gets closer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

I'm dreadful for timing in English. It takes ages for me to think of a good composing, well one that I deem of a good standard.

But you're probably just a fast writer and have a good ability to think of ideas fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I've finished the majority off my tests with more than 20 minutes left. I know I did terrible in one of them but for Irish today.. I was finished in 45 minutes, half of the time which is given :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

kimkim wrote: »
    biology: im pretty sure my entire class was finished with at least an hour to go.....is that normal?
    That's even more time than it took me in the real thing. I was finished in exactly one hour in the actual LC. Got an A1 as well.

As for English, i've never heard of anyone managing to finish the exam in so little time. I worked to the very last second in almost every single English exam over fifth and sixth year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

In English I always write all the essays simultaneously. I lose interest in one or can't think of what I want to say, so I switch to a different essay, write that for a while and then come back when I'm thinking more clearly. Does anyone else do that? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

i found that i needed all the time in paper two though i finished with only 10 minutes to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oween

i wrote 2 booklets like thats 16 pages..my timing is shocking as well..today in home ec i was done half an hour early which is better then yesterday i suppose..

If you were writing that fast you would have been writing a line in less than 10 seconds, never stopping, and that's not even taking into account the time it takes to read the questions and comprehension, or even thinking about what you're going to say... Seems legit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carlow93

anyone find history to be a b****x for timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

carlow93 wrote: »

It is outrageous, 40 minutes for an 4 page essay including plan and leaving next to no time to go over your work? it doesnt reflect your knowledge of history, just ur essay writing skills really

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

carlow93 wrote: »

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

i was finished with more than thirty minutes in english paper 1 and got an A1 it was corrected by two teachers!
    biology i was finished with over an hour and french was a good 40 mins as well

it all depends on quality and how fast you can get stuff down in

Advertisement