Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honey Nut Loops "new and improved"

Options
  • 16-09-2014 8:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

What have they done? It actually tastes like bloody Styrofoam now. Madness. There was nothing wrong with the old recipe. I loved Honey Nut Loops. This is a sad day for cereal enthusiasts everywhere when Kellog's **** up a fundamentally sound breakfast choice so badly.

RIP Honey Nut Loops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Sadly Kelloggs have been on a major push to reduce the salt and sugar content of their breakfast cereals for a few years now. As you've tasted it has resulted in the death of some great cereals. Honey nut cheerios are about the closest thing to the old honey loops now. Pray they don't mess with frosties and ricicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ah the 'New and Improved' tag, always the final nail in the coffin! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Augmerson wrote: »
    What have they done? It actually tastes like bloody Styrofoam now. Madness. There was nothing wrong with the old recipe. I loved Honey Nut Loops. This is a sad day for cereal enthusiasts everywhere when Kellog's **** up a fundamentally sound breakfast choice so badly.

RIP Honey Nut Loops.

I completely agree with you Augmerson, so this might be of help to you, yesterday I bought a box of Lidl's version of Honey Nut Loops and they taste a hell of a lot better than the Kellogg's ones now. I couldn't say with any great certainty that they taste the way the old ones did, I just know they are close to it and are far better than the 'new and improved' ones. :)

Advertisement