Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rip off Renault help!

Options
  • 14-01-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all basically bought a new clio in 2010 with some nice extras like bluetooth etc, i paid an extra 1300!! they put the car on order and gave me another one. now that its 2011 they won't give me the extras I paid for due to the brochure changing. I ordered the car in september 2010....
    what do I do???

If anyone has the clio brochure from 2010 that would help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bazery wrote: »
    Hi all basically bought a new clio in 2010 with some nice extras like bluetooth etc, i paid an extra 1300!! they put the car on order and gave me another one. now that its 2011 they won't give me the extras I paid for due to the brochure changing. I ordered the car in september 2010....
    what do I do???

If anyone has the clio brochure from 2010 that would help.

Once you handed over money this formed a contract.
    If the car is not as described you can get your money back.

Basically it sounds like the garage only put the order in with Renault in 2011 after the brochure changed, so they f*cked up.

Get your money back and go elsewhere, they dont have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

paid 12,300 for a dynamique model 5 door inclusive paint, mats and tank of petrol, I think your talking about the same model which has bluetooth etc. So if your paying any more than that get out they have done you a favour.

Otherwise it's down to money. This forms the contract

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What do you have in writing from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

the order we placed, they are trying to sort a better spec for us at the moment, but say it might take 6 months till it comes in while we drive one of their cars, but they don't know if they can give us that spec. bull****ers really

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They know they're screwed so, i'd look for my money back and go elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement