Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I stop the edit button from creating a new post?

Options
  • 28-11-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I edited my first reply to a thread but instead of an edited post it reposted the same post (with the edit)...I see now that an edit I tried on the text of a thread I started a moment ago has started a second thread with the same title (and the edited text)...suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The edit button doesn't create a new post, I can only assume you must have hit the wrong thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

It's happened to me both times I edited a post though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What browser are you using or are you on the phone using an app etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement