Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Way Fit Wheels.

Options
  • 15-07-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

I am considering buying a set of Fulcrum 3's (2 way fit version) but I have been unable to find anywhere that specifically states the type of tyre to be used when running tubeless. Do you just use a regular clincher tyre but without a tube? Or are there specific tubeless tyres for these type wheels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

CJC999 wrote: »
    I am considering buying a set of Fulcrum 3's (2 way fit version) but I have been unable to find anywhere that specifically states the type of tyre to be used when running tubeless. Do you just use a regular clincher tyre but without a tube? Or are there specific tubeless tyres for these type wheels?

Must be specific tyres...
    Bontrager do them for sure after that I don't know...
    I've had campy two ways but never used tubeless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: Moved to main forum, not an advert

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

CramCycle wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: Moved to main forum, not an advert

Oops sorry didn't realise I posted in adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aworthycause

Tubeless. Hutchinson, schwalbe, Specialized, Bontrager, take your pick.

I have run them for 5 years and had one single puncture that forced me out of a race in that time.

Buy Caffelatex sealant plus its injector and put 30ml in each tyre. Might be a good idea to use a Co2 canister to inflate the tyre first time, although with good tyre / wheel combo a decent track pump will do the job.

Once inflated the tire hooks onto the rim.

Advertisement