Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI cover tution fees?

Options
  • 27-04-2015 4:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭

If I'm liable for tuition fees starting a new course, and got the grant fully approved can SUSI cover the tuition fees along with the Student Contribution Charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

If I'm liable for tuition fees starting a new course, and got the grant fully approved can SUSI cover the tuition fees along with the Student Contribution Charge?

This depends on the type of grant you are awarded and the cost of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Sup08 wrote: »
    This depends on the type of grant you are awarded and the cost of course.
    Would be just a fee grant as I'm hoping to get BTEA.

I'm certainly eligible for the grant under reckonable income. They were a bit vague when I contacted SUSI about it. Just frustrating because I certaintly couldnt afford it myself which means if I started the course by the time I'd get the decision with their timeframe, I'd need to drop out if I got turned down which isnt ideal.

You may be eligible under reckonable income, but you have not said whether you have educational history and are eligible for progression/ repeat period of study.

Is this your first course?
    If not, what is your educational history?

Also there are numerous levels of the Fees Grant and some that only pay part of the fees and student contribution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Sup08 wrote: »
    You may be eligible under reckonable income, but you have not said whether you have educational history and are eligible for progression/ repeat period of study.

Is this your first course?
    If not, what is your educational history?

Also there are numerous levels of the Fees Grant and some that only pay part of the fees and student contribution.
    Not my first course thats why I'm due the tuition fees, I didnt complete the other one and it was started in 2011. I didnt get any grant or financial assistance then though?

Not my first course thats why I'm due the tuition fees, I didnt complete the other one and it was started in 2011. I didnt get any grant or financial assistance then though?

You may have to do a repeat period of study irrespective of whether you received funding for your previous course or not.
    A break of 5 years from study or more has to be attained to be considered a second chance student.

• Advertisement
Advertisement