Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old tesco gorey

Options
  • 21-07-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

can anyone let me know if there is any truth in the rumour thats going around that Pennys and Tk Max are taking over the old Tesco Store in Gorey as if so im one happy person :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Wishful thinking I fear. It's a rumour that's being doing the rounds since Tesco moved out in December but Penneys have been linked to Gorey before and nothing ever came of it. It's a pity because it would be an ideal location for them and I reckon both Penneys and Gorey would benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 123qwerty

Seroiusly, Tesco is gone or did they move to Ballycanew roundabout? So what they are left with, Lidl only?
    I remember my first and last alcohol shopping at Tesco after 22, story to tell my grandchildren :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I'd say it will stay derelict for the time being. It was purpose built as a Tesco, but if need be Penney's could move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nor40

123qwerty wrote: »
    Seroiusly, Tesco is gone or did they move to Ballycanew roundabout? So what they are left with, Lidl only?
    I remember my first and last alcohol shopping at Tesco after 22, story to tell my grandchildren :)
    tesco is still in gorey they opend a brand new tesco extra store beside dunnes shopping centre going from your coment it must be a long time since you have been around gorey we have lidl as you know but we also have aldi aswell gorey is getting bigger and better :) lol :) all we want now is " PENNYS " :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DamianK

Heard Lidl will be closed for a while and new first floor built

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Apparently Lidl is going to move into the old Tesco while they do their renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

I see some work been done at the old Tesco to-day anyway know what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Word on the street is that Lidl are moving in temporarily at Easter, just until their own premises is renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Passed by it today Lidl signage now up on the old tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

According to today's Irish independent, frozen food supermarket Iceland is moving into the old Tesco supermarket in Gorey.

The right moves: Will Ireland go to Iceland? http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/the-right-moves-will-ireland-go-to-iceland-34665445.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Part of it

Advertisement