Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Ireland 2007

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

The girls who are saying they look "ill" are probably just fat themselves. Anyhow, most of the girls I saw in it were terrible. It just shows the standard of Irish women these days. I knew a girl in it and she wouldn't be fit to lick pooh off the shoes of some everyday women I see walking down the street. Mostly Eastern European though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

walt0r wrote:
    The girls who are saying they look "ill" are probably just fat themselves. Anyhow, most of the girls I saw in it were terrible. It just shows the standard of Irish women these days. I knew a girl in it and she wouldn't be fit to lick pooh off the shoes of some everyday women I see walking down the street. Mostly Eastern European though

///lol

*ducks for cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sawa wrote:
    I thought Karen Sutton should have won, she came second

http://www.missireland2007.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/karensutton.jpg

gorgeous!

aka.........

6a00b8ea071cde1bc000c22526e35b604a-320pi

Somebody call 999, she's missing her arse!!! Seriously, she needs to do more eating!!!

I'm not saying all Irish girls are terrible. But let's be honet here, 95% are. Maybe more. There are the odd few diamonds in the rough. I was in Vegas and California for a few weeks there. At the beach most days in Cali every second girl had an unbelievable body. I work out a lot and was in the gyms in most places and saw an amount of women hit the weights and cardio. It's the difference between them and us. They look after themselves. Irish women are happy to go out every weekend and get scalded until then fall off a stool and go to supermacs and eat 2 taco fries, cheeseburger and a coke. No wonder their teeth are rotting outta their heads and they have bellies hanging over their belts and then get depressed and cry and whinge and go around sayin "weh weh im fat wehhh wehh why meeee boo hooo!"
    Sure you can go out and enjoy yourself and have a few drinks. I'm a student and I drink more than nearly all of my friends. But the difference is doing a little, doesn't have to be a lot, of exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

panda100 wrote:
    Because for every intelligent beautiful women that shows of her body in a bikini for the miss Ireland she is continuing to reinforce that beauty comes before brains to be a successful women

Why you don't you hear men moaning about being degraded in mister universe contests etc by having to prance about in banana hammocks as it re-inforces to us that we should be muscley and well hung to be considered attractive?

I'll tell you why: cos we couldn't give a bollix. If some chap thinks he looks the biz oiled up after doing a few press ups and sun beds then let him at it. Do I feel pressured to conform? nope. couldn't give a bollix.

Likewise, if some girl thinks she looks the biz after dyeing her hair blonde, doing a few sunbeds, etc then she should be able to without getting flak for "pressuring" other girls to do the same.

If you think you look good enough to win the contest and have a "different body form, different face shape" then bloody go for it and quit pissing and moaning about the girls that are in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Out of the bunch Karen is the best, miss Kerry second.
    I'm just voicing my penisies opinions.

I wouldn't touch the Kerry one with your penis ald. But that Karen one is daycent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's a gender thing.

Men = meh

Women = bitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

also, if any of you wimmins manage to get a hold of the one that's responsible for defining what's attractive will you tell them to make fat, pale, small knobbed men the in-thing this summer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

walt0r wrote:
    I wouldn't touch the Kerry one with your penis ald. But that Karen one is daycent.
    I had to work with what I was given!

Karen looks a lot better in the picture from her friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why you don't you hear men moaning about being degraded in mister universe contests etc by having to prance about in banana hammocks as it re-inforces to us that we should be muscley and well hung to be considered attractive?

I'll tell you why: cos we couldn't give a bollix. If some chap thinks he looks the biz oiled up after doing a few press ups and sun beds then let him at it. Do I feel pressured to conform? nope. couldn't give a bollix.

Likewise, if some girl thinks she looks the biz after dyeing her hair blonde, doing a few sunbeds, etc then she should be able to without getting flak for "pressuring" other girls to do the same.

If you think you look good enough to win the contest and have a "different body form, different face shape" then bloody go for it and quit pissing and moaning about the girls that are in it.

heh, good post.

Also, I haven't worked in an office environment in years, but I do recall one or two offices in which I've worked where one or two of the girls would have pictures of some grand slab of
    beef of a man in a loin cloth-esq state plastered across their cubicle.

If a male employee were to attempt to put up a similar picture of the fairer sex, he would probably get a serious dressing down.

Honestly, I never brought it up as is part of my 'meh' attitude.
    With that said, if it had been in direct eye line of my work space, it would of been off putting.

Now, not off putting because I would go to the toilets and cry to myself in a fetal position and wonder I was so inferior to this granite carved man.

It's, just I would of had no desire to have pictures if my direct eye line 40 hours a week of some guy who clearly spreads half a stick of Kerrygold on his chest before having his photo taken.

Advertisement