Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless credit cards?

Options
  • 07-04-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭

I know that some banks have issued, and are issuing, contactless debit cards to customers in Ireland.

My question - is there such a thing as a contactless credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Geuze wrote: »
    I know that some banks have issued, and are issuing, contactless debit cards to customers in Ireland.

Eventually all cards with be contactless, but it will take time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Geuze wrote: »

Yes, is the simple answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭tomfoolery60

KBC offer one in Ireland AFAIK (going to apply for one soon so not 100% soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Your KBC Credit Card also comes with:

Contactless payment of up to €15 just by simply holding the card over the card reader

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yes - we just got new credit cards from Ulster Bank and they have contactless technology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone got there's to work on London Underground, my AIB debit card didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Anyone got there's to work on London Underground, my AIB debit card didn't.

It says on the Transport for London Website that you can't use most contactless cards issued outside the UK to pay for a journey, you can only use them to buy tickets and topup an Oyster card.

Can I use my UK contactless card?

If your card was issued in the UK on Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or American Express and displays the contactless payment symbol (as shown), you should be able to use it to travel on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London.

Cards issued outside the UK

Most contactless payment cards issued outside the UK can be used to buy tickets or top up an Oyster card at touchscreen ticket machines at Tube, DLR and London Overground stations, at ticket offices, and Travel Information Centres, even if they can't be used for contactless travel.

https://contactless.tfl.gov.uk/

Advertisement