Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo 1.2l - reset engine warning light

Options
  • 31-03-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Had a problem over the weekend with the engine coil. Replaced it myself, which fixed the problem completely, however the engine warning light is still on.

In the past it has reset itself after a while, however I've driven about 150 miles in the meantime and it's still on.

Any ideas how to do a reset? Or will I have to take it to a garage?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Disconnect the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Garage, or simple cheap little code scanner will turn it off. It might turn off itself after a few start/drive/stop cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

blue-army wrote: »
    Had a problem over the weekend with the engine coil. Replaced it myself, which fixed the problem completely, however the engine warning light is still on.

In the past it has reset itself after a while, however I've driven about 150 miles in the meantime and it's still on.

Any ideas how to do a reset? Or will I have to take it to a garage?

Thanks

My experience has been that it takes maybe 5 or 6 cycles (ignition switch on/off) of short (or long?) trips to reset. Of course it will not reset if fault still persists. Some faults may need to be reset using a scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Disconnect the battery?
    ^^This!^^

Alternatively, pull the EFI fuse for a couple of minutes.

Advertisement