Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied social studies in social care :)

Options
  • 17-08-2015 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

just got offered and accepted this this morning, can anyone tell me about the course such as class sizes and hours?

also if ye enjoyed it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

idek1 wrote: »
    just got offered and accepted this this morning, can anyone tell me about the course such as class sizes and hours?

also if ye enjoyed it?

thanks

My friend will be in this class with you :) you will be based in the college street campus not the main one, have you sorted accom? its hard to get accom in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tictoc

I did this course about 10years ago and Im sure its changed an awful lot, but I loved ever second and have been working as a Social Care Worker ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

tictoc wrote: »
    I did this course about 10years ago and Im sure its changed an awful lot, but I loved ever second and have been working as a Social Care Worker ever since

thats the most reassuring thing iv heard so far. thank you so much for responding. judging from what ive read the course seems very broad and you have a lot of post grad options.

do you have to get your own placement or do they find it for you?

also do you mind me asking which area of social care you work in?

My friend will be in this class with you :) you will be based in the college street campus not the main one, have you sorted accom? its hard to get accom in waterford

no ill be travelling im about an hour away

is there a bus station near college street do you know? not really familiar with waterford at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

theres a bus stop right accross the road from the campus

• Advertisement

thanks for getting back to me. is there a name on that bus stop? can't seem to find it on bus eireann at all. i emailed them about 2 weeks ago and got no reply whatsoever

idek1 wrote: »
    no ill be travelling im about an hour away

is there a bus station near college street do you know? not really familiar with waterford at all

You'll be coming into the main bus stop, then you need walk up to the clock tower and get a bus from there in the Quey take the tramore bus, that will stop right outside the campus college at 3 stops from the bus stop in the quey. It's the 603 bus you need to get and it takes about 10/15 mins to get up to it depending on traffic. Hope this helps

They aren't going to the main campus if you read. They travelling down everyday so they going from the bus station in the quey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

They aren't going to the main campus if you read. They travelling down everyday so they going from the bus station in the quey

i meant the bus stop outside the college street campus. it stops outside the topaz garage on manor street

here ya go https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.2533696,-7.115275,3a,75y,171.17h,77.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAEBbwjRTw5PksBRa97soHw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

To be fair it is lot faster to walk to college st from the main bus station to college st.

You get off at the bus station cross the road turn right when you see the Munster express keep going stight when hit the town turn right keep going straight on to you get to the junction where Measons and the foundry is turn right and keep going straight and you will be up to the college in about 10 - 15 mins and you save yourself 4 euros a day by not getting the bus.

Waterford is very small and you can walk nearly everywhere in it. Its possible to walk from the centre of town to the main WIT building in less then 25 mins and that's about 2.5KM or more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement