Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu ray/DVD player

Options
  • 26-12-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi. Could anyone tell me the best value blu ray/DVD player out there? I would like to get one that plays both and also one that can stream Netflix! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

So I've decided to get the lg bp645 model. Does anyone know if this is any good? It is in argos for €130. Can anyone also let me know if this has wifi built into it without having to buy an adaptor? Does this mean I could watch Netflix through it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

You could probably pick up a ps3 for less?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

hsan wrote: »
    So I've decided to get the lg bp645 model. Does anyone know if this is any good? It is in argos for €130. Can anyone also let me know if this has wifi built into it without having to buy an adaptor? Does this mean I could watch Netflix through it? Thanks

Ever heard of Google?

http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-BP645

You could probably pick up a ps3 for less?

Ya we have one already but this doesn't play blu ray.... Or does it?

Ya we have one already but this doesn't play blu ray.... Or does it?

It does and it does Netflix like you wanted. To be honest you have the gadget you need sitting in your house so ha

• Advertisement

It does and it does Netflix like you wanted. To be honest you have the gadget you need sitting in your house so ha

Cheers for that. The only thing is its in the small fellas room so we need something ourselves to watch Netflix and DVDs without disconnecting it all the time. Thanks for the help anyway

Cheers for that. The only thing is its in the small fellas room so we need something ourselves to watch Netflix and DVDs without disconnecting it all the time. Thanks for the help anyway

Buy him a ps4 :cool:

So I bought an lg bp 645 blu ray player. I have it connected to my wifi and the apps that were already on it ( Netflix, youtube, etc) are working fine. Can anyone tell me how to download apps on to it? I'd like to get rte player onto it if I could! Thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd doubt very much that the LG will support RTE Player. Samsung seem to be the only brand to be officially supported with RTE Player app, for whatever reason. Some LG TV's can work RTE Player XL via the web browser as it has a lite variant of Flash, dunno about your DVD player though.

byte wrote: »
    I'd doubt very much that the LG will support RTE Player. Samsung seem to be the only brand to be officially supported with RTE Player app, for whatever reason. Some LG TV's can work RTE Player XL via the web browser as it has a lite variant of Flash, dunno about your DVD player though.
    Ok cheers for that. I was even just wondering how to download any kind of app but I might figure it out. Thanks for that anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement