Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car sales Iraq?

Options
  • 12-12-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey. Just wondering if anyone has worked selling cars in Iraq on military installations?
    Curious as to whether you can earn good money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I know a load of lads who did this in south Germany as there's loads of US bases around there too.

They never made that much and it was pretty inconsistant.

I think youre mad to even conside heading over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Did it for almost 2 years . In both Iraq and Kuwait. The pay is 100% commission based and you get an advance of $3000 a month . If your in a good location you can make good cash. On some DAYS i made over a grand. Not easy money by any means though.

Happy to answer any other questions u have .

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Gallahad wrote: »
    Hey. Just wondering if anyone has worked selling cars in Iraq on military installations?
    Curious as to whether you can earn good money?
    wait what are you doing? surely guys on bases in Iraq dont need cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You are selling the american troops and contractors , american made cars and harley davidson bikes. They order and pay for them in Iraq or wherever they are stationed and they collect them when the get home

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dropandgo

I'm currently working for the same crowd in Germany. Bit different in setup to what happens in the ME but I've been here two years and love it. There is serious money to be made but it most definitely isn't for everyone. It is hard work but the rewards are there, I've gotten some very nice pay cheques. It is only commissioned based, so there is always a risk - If you've nothing keeping you at home just go for it, if doesn't work out they'll pay for your flight home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Sorry for digging up an old thread but its the only one I could find.

Got a phone call off this crowd after applying back in November (6 months ago)

I'll be receiving a phone call for the first initial interview in about 30 minutes.
    I know it's been stated it's not for everyone but I can assume it's legit and not one of those similar door to door sales company's.

Anything to look out for?
    He's already said he's recruiting for Germany so which sites would be the quiet ones and which the busy?
    I've plenty of questions but I'll direct them to him when he calls.

Advertisement