Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota TV ad (old thread)

• 11-09-2007 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

anyone seen the new toyota ad on TV. I think it looks really, especially the way the irish landscape is reflected on the car. Is the car in the ad the new Auris or is it another model?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes Auris and looks like Irish landscapes, also the advert is using a RHD car, normally Toyota just run a bog standard LHD one throughout the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Yes Auris and looks like Irish landscapes, also the advert is using a RHD car, normally Toyota just run a bog standard LHD one throughout the EU.

Not always, remember back in the early/mid '90s that cherubic poet guy Brendan Kennelly appeared in a couple of ads - mainly for the Carina E if I remember correctly.

Toyota have always put a little more effort into their Irish operation than other manufacturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

pburns wrote:

Toyota have always put a little more effort into their Irish operation than other manufacturers.

Yes it's distribution operation here is supposed to be 100% Irish owned, not sure how long that will last though most manufacturers are taking over their operations in Ireland now eg VAG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone got a link for the ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Xx iFight xX

anyone know whats the song

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Yes it's distribution operation here is supposed to be 100% Irish owned, not sure how long that will last though most manufacturers are taking over their operations in Ireland now eg VAG.

Toyota Ireland have around 3 times the market share Toyota in Europe have9and have had this for years), I cant see Tim Mahony being bought out, its not like Toyota Ireland are doing a bad job;whatever about the cars, the dealers have a good reputation, and the have been the market leaders(in terms of sales obviously, not in terms of the products they offer) for so long I can't remember a year that they weren't.

And for the relative strength of Toyota in this country, Toyota had bloody well better be making ads using RHD cars.

I wouldn't agree that Toyota put in a lot of effort, they sell cars with a pittance of a spec list, they are not always the cheapest(they are certainly NOT the cheapest if you compared one with an identical spec list to a rival car bar a VW perhaps), they've been using the Best Built Cars in the World slogan here for so long they probably used it before I was born.

I actually find the marketing efforts of all importers/car makers piss poor compared to what they do in other countries here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

E92 wrote:
    I actually find the marketing efforts of all importers/car makers
    piss poor compared to what they do in other countries here.

...er, so what? The cars sell themselves. Year on year reg's are up - again - and no end in sight.

What would better marketing do? What you really mean, I'd imagine, is better customer service, and certainly better engineering. Marketing jobs, per se, wouldn't necessarily improve either...........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I drive a Toyota.

I get in

I turn Key

Car Start Always

I drive

Car go

It no stop for silly reason
    It no make silly noise
    It no cost me fortune and Money by Mechanics

It good car
    me like
    me no change....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Zambia232 wrote:
    I drive a Toyota.

I get in

I turn Key

Car Start Always

I drive

Car go

It no stop for silly reason
    It no make silly noise
    It no cost me fortune and Money by Mechanics

It good car
    me like
    me no change....
    You must have old toyota
    new one don't turn key
    Press button Now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lex Luthor wrote:
    You must have old toyota
    new one don't turn key
    Press button Now ;)

2004 Hi-lux

Still turn key

Still wind window

Still Radio/Cassette player

Heap big basic Vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

ive seen the ad as well. I think its only the 5 door version but it doesnt seem to show the entire car in one shot. Isnt it being driven in the rain and who are the people representing? garda recruits.....Would not surprise me if its got a 08 reg.
    There is an ad on UK channels showing a very high spec Auris driving around what I think is Central London. Everyone is moaning and fighting on the oustide and then its all nicey pie in a Toyota.
    As regards slogans such as 'the car in front is' and 'the best car in 'etc, Ive seen on toyota.au that Australia is using 'oh what a feeling' which if I can remember was used here to sell Cressidas and K30 Corollas.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gordieboy04

Hi all. I know this is a really old thread but I'm having a nostalgic moment and am wondering if anyone has a link to this ad or has info on what company shot it? I hired a truck I used to own out to the production company for the day to be used in the ad and I've lost all their details and it's just kind of dawned on me lately that I don't think I actually ever seen the ad and would love to see if my truck made the final cut. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Its hardly this is it. (Won't play on ipad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqhu9ZTU88

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gordieboy04

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Its hardly this is it.
    That looks like it could be it alright. If it is then I didn't make the final cut! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Its hardly this is it. (Won't play on ipad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqhu9ZTU88

07-D-14317

Registration 07D14317
    Make TOYOTA
    Model AURIS
    Description 1.4 D-4D 5DR LUNA CB
    Engine Capacity (cc) 1364

Nice ad and much better than some of the generic rubbish that's out there

Advertisement