Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What countries would be good for a 1/2 year working holiday?

Options
  • 19-03-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Basically, I'm 17, totally unqualified, and unsure of what I want to pursue in a career. I have very little left in this country, and I've had some problems which have caused me a lot of stress, I'd like to be able to take a break from my life in this country and return in a year or two, when I've grown and have decided what I want to do with my life, and begin studying to lead to the career I want. I'm likely to run into about 10 grand in a few months time, so I feel this would be a good chance to live in another country for a few years. My initial thoughts were I should aim to move to Australia or Canada, I took Australia out of the equation, as while it seems like it would be nice to go on a short holiday, I don't think I'd want to live there for an extended period of time. I was thinking Canada would be good, as it has a great economy, I like the culture, the scenery, the people seem nice, really, from what I can see, there's no cons with Canada. But, I learned Canada is very expensive and wage is quite low. So Canada probably wouldn't be ideal for someone like me. Someone suggested the UK, which I would like, but I was under the impression they were as bad off when it comes to jobs as Ireland is. Are they? Or are they better? I'm just looking for a country I could move to for a year or two and likely get a job which I'll earn a wage I can live with, I don't need to live in luxury, a 1 bed room apartment on the outskirts of a city will do, I just want to be able to keep myself fed and in clothes, with a small bit of spare change for entertainment, language wise, I'd be prepared to learn another language, but I would prefer somewhere that speaks English. Is there any country that would suit me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

London or somewhere in Germany.

Advertisement