Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mosfet Electronic Fuse

• 11-03-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All.

I am about to wire in one of these from Gate:

http://gatee.eu/en/nanoasr

Part of the specs say:
    Electronic Fuse
    A new MOSFET will never let you down on the battlefield. It is totally protected against overheating and short-circuits of the electrical system. In case of the rifle becoming jammed, it will protect the motor and the battery against any damage.

Which I thought was great, as I could do away with the bulky glass fuse in the stock ;)

Now reading the installation manual (snippet attached), it recommends to keep the fuse between the battery and the Mosfet, unlike previous versions, which do not mention a fuse at all :confused:

So, what is the point of the Mosfet Electronic Fuse?

Read threads before about fuse/no fuse in AEG's and no intention to currently upgrade to a LiPo (just upgrading wiring and installing mosfet in standard G&G GR15 with 9.6v NiMh) so will the electronic fuse be enough to protect against faults as it intimates??

Cheers,

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It should be absolutely fine. I don't run any guns with fuses (mosfet or no mosfet) and once you're not an idiot, you'll have no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Just an update:

This is the reply I received from GATE, when I asked the question above:

The standard glass-fuse is always required. Theoretically, electronics can fail. We do not want then the explosion of the lipo battery. Earlier manuals are underdeveloped.

Happy to go without though as so many others appear to....

Cheers,

Adam

Advertisement