Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Advanced MOSFET?

Options
  • 28-02-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    So I'm looking for the very best Advanced Mosfet for the money, one that replaces the trigger contacts and all...
    I can't seem to find anything online for this whatsoever!
    Basically, I want tw like trigger response with the more advanced features like 3 round burst, battery cutoff and others.
    Ideally, I would like it to not have the huge block of the mosfet, as I plan to install it in the stock tube.
    So I was looking at this ASCU Gen 3 fet, but I read somewhere that it's not the best value for our money!
    Please post thoughts below!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Gate merf 3.2 looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Eoghan S wrote: »
    I would like it to not have the huge block of the mosfet, as I plan to install it in the stock tube.

Thats the GATE Merf 3.2 out of equation then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Thats the GATE Merf 3.2 out of equation then. :)

Have to agree- looks good, but it wouldn't suit me at all!

mafo wrote: »

Have you used this fet before?
    Is there much modding needed to get it in? (I'll be running it in a G&P GB)
    As well as that, does it function perfectly with the ASHU hop unit?
    Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

Yes, I have one fitted in by G&P gearbox. Also fitted one in customer gun (G&G gearbox)
    Installation is straight forward (detailed instruction comes witch mosfet)
    I'm a big fan of BTC, had Raptor fet before and fitted few in team mates and customers guns. No problems at all. Didn't try the ASHU unit.
    I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

As Mafo has said handy to fit once you shim the sector gear correctly.

As regards the ASHU, they are a bit hit and miss whether they work and how long for. Apparently ASCU are releasing a newer version soon...... which could be months away going by there track record, although with the pending arrival of there own AEG I'm hoping they have sorted there hop unit out.

I was reading somewhere on FB only a few days ago, and they were saying that they have listened to customer feedback about any issues with the ASHU and have sorted all issues with the newer version.
    Oddly enough when I emailed them a couple of months ago telling them about the issues I was having with a couple of there hop units I was told there were no issues with there hop units!

I loved there old ASCU2 but have no time now for any of there new items, since the ASCU3 was not as good a unit at all. (only my opinion)

mafo wrote: »
    Yes, I have one fitted in by G&P gearbox. Also fitted one in customer gun (G&G gearbox)
    Installation is straight forward (detailed instruction comes witch mosfet)
    I'm a big fan of BTC, had Raptor fet before and fitted few in team mates and customers guns. No problems at all. Didn't try the ASHU unit.
    I hope this helps.

That's great so, ideally I wouldn't want yo do much modding after buying :P
    Will wait for it too get back in stock soon
    Thanks again

Rooky1 wrote: »
    As Mafo has said handy to fit once you shim the sector gear correctly.

As regards the ASHU, they are a bit hit and miss whether they work and how long for. Apparently ASCU are releasing a newer version soon...... which could be months away going by there track record, although with the pending arrival of there own AEG I'm hoping they have sorted there hop unit out.

I was reading somewhere on FB only a few days ago, and they were saying that they have listened to customer feedback about any issues with the ASHU and have sorted all issues with the newer version.
    Oddly enough when I emailed them a couple of months ago telling them about the issues I was having with a couple of there hop units I was told there were no issues with there hop units!

I loved there old ASCU2 but have no time now for any of there new items, since the ASCU3 was not as good a unit at all. (only my opinion)
    Hi Rooky
    I was quite wary or the ASHU alright, the reviews done seem to settle my confidence in them either...
    I'd stay I'll steer clear of them for a while alright, what kind of company tells its customers that they're wrong, and blatantly ignore all flaws in their product!
    Thanks all for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Are you using batteries in the stock tube or in the stock itself?
    The Merf 3.2 isn't that big and will fit fine in a stock tube!

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Are you using batteries in the stock tube or in the stock itself?
    The Merf 3.2 isn't that big and will fit fine in a stock tube!

I'm afraid I'll be using them in the stock tube (will be using the Madbull ACE stock, so the stock tube and the stock itself are one and the same :P )
    I presume it'll be too big for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Eoghan S wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'll be using them in the stock tube (will be using the Madbull ACE stock, so the stock tube and the stock itself are one and the same :P )
    I presume it'll be too big for that?

Unfortunately I reckon it would be!

Advertisement