Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Dmr build

• 26-02-2014 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

i was just wondering what would be needed to build a airsoft Dmr loadout with the irish limit. im considering doing it to a cm16 raider as i bought a new gun that i will use for assault roles.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I wont say slap on scope and a bipod but essentially that all with look like as its the internals to be done.
    what you could do is start with a tightbore barrel, good hop up rubber, check your air seal in the gearbox and then you can look at motors, gears etc.
    But if your on about externally then the world is your oyster but just remember DMR is still used by marksmen and not support people so avoid the boxmags at all costs, unless you want to have 1 fine but traditionally your no longer practicising markmanship principles just laying down support/suppresive fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nfsman

No i Snipe quite alot and i had a modifeid jg bar 10 giving to me by my brothers friend who was leaving the sport. but i want to try out Marksman roles you know i have a strike force scope and a suppressor. i have in the gun a tighbore already and a metal flat hop unit. but i want to try and get the best range possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 driftrs13

If you want range get a Tanio Koba barrel, they are expensive but give great range. A MOSFET and Lipo battery will give you a better trigger response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I'd use a Gen3 G&G M16A4 that comes standard with a Hi-Torque Motor, 6.03MM Tightbore and a Mosfet. Very accurate out of the box. Add a scope and you're laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

On my g3 dmr I run a 6.03 psg1 590mm barrel, coupled with a type 0 cylinder so I get maximum airflow.
    I found guarder clear hop up rubbers to suit my gun really well so that's what I run.
    Its amazingly accurate and runs right at the top end of the distance when it comes to Irish airsoft.

It's all aesthetic after that.

I love showing it off so I'll stick up a pic a bit later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 nfsman

Do stick up some pic's i love seeing other people machine's :D. Do you know where i could get a type 0 cylinde?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You can get a type 0 anywhere, but it must conform to your barrel lenght, only use a type 0 with a 450mm+ barrel :) Otherwise it runs the wrong airflow for your barrel and will make things ar worse!

As for pics, here you go :)

296626.jpg

296635.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

I have my m14 dmr, standard motor, g&g gears, polycarb piston and piston head, type o cylinder, standard barrel, massive scope and massive silencer, great rof if needed but has an amazing trigger response, also bang on 320fps +/- 3 fps, will get a picture up

Advertisement