Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expression for having no cards?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Doing a crossword here and the clue is 'no cards'. Can't work out what it is, and don't play cards.

Is there any expression like 'fold' or anything else which means you have no cards, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Fold means you don't enter that round so yeah.. If you have no good cards. You fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Fold means you don't enter that round so yeah.. If you have no good cards. You fold.

I'd think your wrong there. When you fold you get rid of your cards. I think the OP means having no cards in the first place to fold. I don't think there is a term in poker for this. Apologies if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I'd think your wrong there. When you fold you get rid of your cards. I think the OP means having no cards in the first place to fold. I don't think there is a term in poker for this. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Well... The reason you fold is because you have no cards to play.

So THEN you get rid of them. I see what you are trying to say and we're kinda both right in our own ways.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

OP are you sure this is poker related?
    How many letters are in the word?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hm sorry folks. It was an Irish crossword and the clue was 'dath cártaí' which can be 'no cards' or 'colour of cards' and so I thought it was the first meaning they were looking for.

Realised after that 'dath cártaí' also means 'suit'. The answer was 'heart' (hart).

Thanks anyway for trying to help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement