Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would girls find it wierd if.....

Options
  • 04-12-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

dunno why im askin but.......

There is this girl on the green Luas line to work every morning(well if we happen to get the same luas)...she just stands out from the rest...beautiful.........so tempted to just ask her for a drink or somethin(as we have made eye contact)...but im just wondering..im pretty sure she wud be freaked out...and like..run away lol......lookin for some girls opinions on this?

whether its a good idea....or what to say...etc? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you could start by saying hello ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Imagine a girl came up to you and started talkin to you and then later asked for your number?

No harm in saying hello, its always nice to know people like you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

gentle conversation first... then gauge how likely she'd find it weird if you invited her for a drink...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Don't just walk up to her and ask her out!!
    Start a conversation with her the next time you see her and maybe talk to her a couple of times before asking her out! At least then she would feel like you like her as a person rather than just asking because she's a goodlooking girl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Well if it was me I know i'd be very flattered. Just smile, try to sit near her some morning and strike up conversation...go easy though, you don't want to scare her off by being too eagar. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the responses guys......i agree...wud be the best approach,not to sure what to start a conversation with tho....mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

i would be soooooooo flattered i think its so sweet !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I hope it works out OP I really do

However, I think you are looking for a Hollywood moment of "Oh how sweet" when the modern Ireland reality likliehood is you'll be reported as a stalker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

I'm not trying to sound big headed because, seriously, this sort of stuff NEVER happens to me. But a guy asked me out when I was waiting at a pedestrian crossing in the city centre last year. My immediate reaction was to look for the hidden camera! :) I don't know if that says more about my self-esteem or the state of society today.

My advice to the OP would be to strike up a conversation with her first. Maybe get talking to her over a few days. To walk up to someone and ask them out without any prior conversation is a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

thanks for the responses guys......i agree...wud be the best approach,not to sure what to start a conversation with tho....mmmm

How about

"Jaysus, it's cold this morning"

or

"Sorry love , can I borrow a euro off you for a luas ticket.
    I'll give it back to you tomorrow, you know I am always here at this time"

or this one.

"Jaysus, the luas was a great invention where would we be without it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

OP, you're over-thinking the situation. Just say "Hi" to her the next time you see her especially now that you've made eye contact. For all you know she could be dying for you to approach her. Hi and a quick, confident smile is all it takes. Don't worry about follow-up conversation yet, just make the initial approach to break the ice. It's not as difficult as you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Doghouse

This happened me once on the Tube. I said no cos I had never seen the guy before and wasn't in London for long but it was very flattering and certainly I didn't report him for being a stalker:) If you're seeing each other at the stop every day then she shouldn't be freaked out if you just say hi or make some smalltalk. Giving out about the weather is always a good place to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theres a ton of threads here on Train Flirting OP. Its kinda ridiculous at this stage.

Anyway I suggest you just start with the simple ones: "Funny meeting you here!" "Hello Again" "[sarcasm]Have we Met?[/sarcasm]"

Advertisement